[1.7.3 & 1.11.0] Alternis Kerbol Rekerjiggered v2.5.0 & pre-2.6.0.0 (2021-January-19)

Whirligig Girl

• 2 weeks later...

I use KSP 1.4.2

I use OPM with Alternis Kerbol. The combo works fine but when I want to switch the scene using Tab in the tracking station it only toggles between jool, minmus, Laythe, mun, Kerbin, Bop, Moho, Eve.

If I then click on let's say Sarnus it then toggles over to all it's moons and the other bodies in the solar system up to Isaac's comet when it starts at the Sun and then it only toggles between jool, minmus, Laythe, mun, Kerbin, Bop, Moho, Eve again.

I use the Shift+tab and tab keys alot to quikly change to a desired scene. If I have a maneuver node at sarnus while I'm at Kerbin let's say I want to switch there using this key function rather then zooming out and clicking there which takes longer.

Is this a known bug? I hope this gets fixed.

EDIT: I just read the last page. NVM the above.

Edited by Aeroboi

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So, I'm not sure if this is an Alternis problem in specific, but science experiments don't give me any unique flavour text. For example, if I collect a Crew Report while landed on Laythe, it only tells me something along the lines of "Collected data from Surface of Laythe," despite the mod having an actual configuration file for science definitions. Is it because I'm on Sandbox mode? I recall that restriction being lifted in a past update, so I am confused. Additionally, Distant Object Enhancement does not give distant planets their appropriate colours. For example, when looking at Eve's glowing dot from the orbit of Jool, it glows purple instead of yellow. The OP says the planets have their proper dot colours, so I am confused.

Also, any chances of the city lights being reintroduced in a future update? I think those lights are what make Kerbin truly special, and it'd be even more notable when observing it from the surface of other joolian bodies.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 5:16 PM, Commissioner Tadpole said:

So, I'm not sure if this is an Alternis problem in specific, but science experiments don't give me any unique flavour text. For example, if I collect a Crew Report while landed on Laythe, it only tells me something along the lines of "Collected data from Surface of Laythe," despite the mod having an actual configuration file for science definitions. Is it because I'm on Sandbox mode? I recall that restriction being lifted in a past update, so I am confused. Additionally, Distant Object Enhancement does not give distant planets their appropriate colours. For example, when looking at Eve's glowing dot from the orbit of Jool, it glows purple instead of yellow. The OP says the planets have their proper dot colours, so I am confused.

Also, any chances of the city lights being reintroduced in a future update? I think those lights are what make Kerbin truly special, and it'd be even more notable when observing it from the surface of other joolian bodies.

No, it is a problem, because I am on career mode and I get the exact same problem, the science messages don't work. I can also confirm the bug, I also get the wrong dot colors in DOE. My game version is 1.3.1.

Edited by DunaManiac
Rephrasing

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:02 AM, The Minmus Derp said:

Excuse me, but is this compatible with a few planet mods? (specifically, OPM

Yes, I use OPM and it works fine. Except Eeloo is farther out than PLOCK. And it takes 20 years for a direct transfer to plock, so yeah.

• 2 months later...
On 9/6/2015 at 10:57 AM, GregroxMun said:

On Linux only: Making History breaks PostSpawnOrbit, which allows Kerbin to be reparented. The main menu buttons will be broken if you use Linux with Making History and any mod that uses PostSpawnOrbit. To play, you will have to uninstall Making History or play on PC (Not sure about Mac). If there is sufficient interest in a patch that totally misses the point of the mod by re-adding Kerbin into Solar orbit while preserving the other planets, I may consider it.

trying things out in 1.6.1 (Making History NOT installed), it seems that only the main menu is broken, and then only for mouse. Keyboard works (ie arrow keys + enter). Mouse works just fine in "Start Game").

In addition, it seems that something (AKR, Kop?) is not fully compatible with scatterer: Jool, Eve and Duna are quite broken (blinding white), or EVE (looking at Jool from the runway cases IOOR exceptions in CelestialShadows).

Log file: http://taniwha.org/~bill/AKR-EVE-log.zip (ModuleEngines exception should be unrelated: have it in stock system, something to do with the DA Tinyjet)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @taniwha and @GregroxMun, I am also running Alternis Kerbol Rejiggered on Linux in 1.6.1 (without Making History), but I am NOT having problems with the mouse in the Main Menu.  (I don't run visual mods so I am not seeing the problem with the planets.)  Not sure if it will help you troubleshoot, but I'll post my mod list and log here if you want to cross check against yours.

Spoiler

KSP:  1.6.1 (purchased through Steam, but running from a separate folder)
Mods:

• Alternis Kerbol Rejiggered 2.3.1
  • Better Burn Time 1.8.1
  • Kopernicus 1.6.1.2 (with bundled Modular Flight Integrator)
  • Module Manager 4.0.2
  • Kerbal Alarm Clock 3.10.0.0
  • Transfer Window Planner 1.6.3.0
  • [X] Science 5.19.0 
  • *Making History parts only plus a couple custom MM patches

Log Files:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/iyki0aci7uy2mbk/AAABiZw8GFArmEyrrMuaOLDXa?dl=0

Oh and I was really excited to see that you can now tab through the entire solar system.  Not sure if that was on your end or Kopernicus, but thanks!

On 2/21/2019 at 11:45 AM, Eaten by Black Hole said:

Please help. 

I have EVE installed. Started a new game. When Jool moves out of the horizon, I can't see it anymore. And half of the Jool's texture is different(but still blue). How can i fix it? 

I need more information, maybe a screenshot of the phenomenon. And a description of what mods you have installed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.