Graphics Resolution upgrade

Are there any plans to upgrade the video resolution for those who are lucky enough to have a 4K display?

When KSP first went live, the highest resolution displays available were 1920x1080 unless you had enough cash to get a fancy 3860x2160 professional monitor.

Nowadays 4K monitors and graphics cards are getting cheaper and cheaper, not to mention the 4K TV's that all support connection to a PC/Laptop/Mac.

I run a 27" 1080 monitor and also connect to a 55" 4K TV and even at 1080p the 55" has a better picture for playing KSP (and other games).

It really allows you to get up close to the action when flying a space plane or rocket.

Regards Brad

I run a 27" 1080 monitor and also connect to a 55" 4K TV and even at 1080p the 55" has a better picture for playing KSP (and other games).

This really makes it sound like greater resolution is not the difference. If 1080p looks better on one screen than another then it is likely display quality itself (assuming the display isn't interpolating).

AFAIK higher resolutions are supported, though you have to set them up manually in settings.cfg (same with some oddball resolutions and portrait oriented resolutions). I've heard that at 1440p and higher the UI elements start getting small but don't have direct personal experience with it.

There is quite likely a bit of difference between the two. The 55" is less than a year old and the 27" is about 4 or 5 years old.

Besides the age of the, I sit far closer to the 27" and pick up on the pixels better than sitting 2 meters back (when I'm gaming) from the 55".

The 55" is also capable of a 200MHz refresh rate while the 27" is lucky to hit 100MHz.

I will have to try and change the resolution in the settings.cfg file and see what it looks like then.

Regards Brad

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.