Have a wheelie good time on the KSP Ferris Wheel o' Krakenenenenenen

FlipNascar

W7QhlHs.png

MpyIkxV.png

What more can you say...? A fully functional stock Ferris Wheel. I'd like to keep adding parts for aesthetics but my CPU can't handle it and it works. So below you'll find download links for the "dressed" and the "naked". The stripped version is around 250 parts and has the barebones layout needed for you to make it your own. Saved you the hassle of deconstructing it!

Take Command is highly recommended for spawning Kerbals into Command Seats. 85% success ratio of Kerbals into Seats. Will seat 20 Kerbals.

It's probably far too benign so just add rockets and watch explosions. Not tested with rockets....

Stripped Download (~250 Parts)

Fully Loaded (~450 Parts)

Control from the probe core in the middle.

Check docking ports are docked (not crucial but helpful).

Stage.

Trim for roll with Alt+Q or Alt+E. Trim to the halfway mark.

To stop the wheel, switch to the craft that has the other probe core, apply wheel brakes. Wait for the wheel to stop, load Kerbals. Release brakes. Watch it start to spin again (it may take a moment but it does!)

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by FlipNascar
Added more pics

Looks fun but the piccies are a bit dark to tell much.

I know, buy they captured the glow nicely... The movement is nicely illustrated by the light show. However, it does need more daylight pics and I was being lazy.

Rectified. Daylight pics added to OP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.