[WIP][1.3] PersistentThrust v1.0.9

mrsolarsail

On 7/7/2018 at 12:41 AM, DocRockwell said:

Is this working in ksp 1.3.1? When I tried this with the ion engine (realism overhaul), it continues to consume fuel, but doesn't actually produce thrust during time warp.

Are you using it Principa? It is not compatible with Principa

On 12/22/2017 at 10:55 PM, Hajii said:

I don't think this mod is working. I can't get warp to function while the stock ion engine is running. 

On 2/15/2018 at 2:30 AM, Marcelo Silveira said:

The thrust might be too high, try using a smaller thrust setting.
Maybe you haven't onstalled all the dependencies.

Alternatively, add

TimeWarp.GThreshold = 9;

and simply recompile the mod.

Edited by FreeThinker

On 6/19/2017 at 1:09 PM, ssd21345 said:

It seems this thread quite inactive and OP last online is in April...

May someone updates his mods?  Thanks in advance.

I'm willing to take it over, I have already worked on it in the past, applied it to KSPIE engines and turn the solar sail into a separate mod with improved functionality and realism.

Edited by FreeThinker

28 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

I'm willing to take it over, I have already work on it in the past, applied it to KSPIE engines and turn the solar sail into a separate mod with improved functionality and realism.

OP here. You are welcome to take it over. I was last working on the 1.0.10 branch, which adds PersistentThrust to all engines by default, and has a GUI toggle switch to activate it for each engine, either in the VAB or controlling a spacecraft. But, you may need to switch out of controlling a spacecraft and back for the toggle to take effect. I hadn't figured that out yet. I recompiled and uploaded a test version here.

https://github.com/bld/PersistentThrust/releases/tag/v1.0.10

31 minutes ago, mrsolarsail said:

I was last working on the 1.0.10 branch, which adds PersistentThrust to all engines by default, and has a GUI toggle switch to activate it for each engine, either in the VAB or controlling a spacecraft. But, you may need to switch out of controlling a spacecraft and back for the toggle to take effect. I hadn't figured that out yet.

mm, adding PersistentThrust to all Engines would cause some serious incompatibility issues with KSPIE engines which already has it own thrust persistence. Either we would need to add some filters to the global MM script or KSPIE would have to make use of Persistent Thrust mod, but that would require some considerable rewrite. For now, I would recommend quickly adding some simple filter that will make it skip KSPIE engines, which are easy to identify by the presence of specific part modules

Edited by FreeThinker

8 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

mm, adding PersistentThrust to all Engines would cause some serious incompatibility issues with KSPIE engines which already has it own thrust persistence. Either we would need to add some filters to the global MM script or KSPIE would have to make use of Persistent Thrust mod, but that would require some considerable rewrite. For now, I would recommend quickly adding some simple filter that will make it skip KSPIE engines, which are easy to identify by the presence of specific part modules

Ah. I can see that would be problem. By default PersistentThrust is inactive, though it is added to all engine parts. No sense in carrying around that extra code if it isn't necessary. The ModuleManager script could check for known incompatibilities, and not add the mod in those cases. Otherwise, v1.0.9 requires you to add PersistentThrust to engines manually through ModuleManager scripts.

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
2 hours ago, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

We need a mod that does what this one did, allowing all engines of really low TWR to thrust in timewarp. Especially for RO players.

If one exists please @ me.

it does - it is now part of SolarSail - I've been working on trying to get this to work in 1.8+ in the background.

• 3 months later...
On 2/24/2020 at 7:04 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

it does - it is now part of SolarSail - I've been working on trying to get this to work in 1.8+ in the background.

You mean PhotonSail? I'm also looking for a 1.8.1-compatible mod that allows for persistent thrust and can't find any (apart from KSPI-E, which only adds such behaviour to its own parts)

1 hour ago, Tonas1997 said:

You mean PhotonSail? I'm also looking for a 1.8.1-compatible mod that allows for persistent thrust and can't find any (apart from KSPI-E, which only adds such behaviour to its own parts)

DSEV has this feature, though you might need to use ModuleManager to add it to other engines.

3 hours ago, nubeees said:

Didn't expect this mod to get revived anytime soon, it'll be nice to see ion and nuclear engines usable without installing KSPIE! :) 

Since no one else wants to do it, I guess I should just upgrade the mod then

Edited by FreeThinker