Most Annoying thing in KSP

ThePULSAR

The damned bugs!! I don't know if it's because I have a lot of mods or what, but for some reason, every so often, my satellite EXPLODES when I time warp! Out of NOWHERE!!!???

Welcome to my world.

Ships fall apart and explode on the pad as soon as they're launched. StructurAL linkage failure is guarenteed , even with stuts attached, and if you do manage to launch, it's bound to explode for no apparent reason on its suborbit. If somehow it does make it into orbit, DO NOT TIME WARP, EVER. I swear, time warp is a self destruct button

Most annoying thing in(volved) in KSP... well its me! There is always some part that I've missed, or some stupid action that can't be undone (without losing hours of progress). There's dodgy designing, which could have been avoided by taking an additional second to check things over before hitting launch. There's the impatient time accelerating. And alas, all the returning chickens, I inadvertently invited to roost. Shame on me. :confused:

Most annoying thing in(volved) in KSP... well its me! There is always some part that I've missed, or some stupid action that can't be undone (without losing hours of progress). There's dodgy designing, which could have been avoided by taking an additional second to check things over before hitting launch. There's the impatient time accelerating. And alas, all the returning chickens, I inadvertently invited to roost. Shame on me. :confused:

This really belongs in the sins thread. But I agree, get out of KSP, Tourist! (no really, I *HATE* tourists...! :mad:):sticktongue:

The damned bugs!! I don't know if it's because I have a lot of mods or what, but for some reason, every so often, my satellite EXPLODES when I time warp! Out of NOWHERE!!!???

Hmm that's weird... I had quite a bit of problems with using service bays and the thing with a z-200 battery (one of 4) exploding on every launch (apparently all the heat got dumped into that poor thing after staging).

For me, it's the fact that atmospheric heating effects appear (in my opinion) way too high up, long after the atmosphere has faded to the point of not even affecting your craft. Maybe an astronaut can chime in. ("When I rode in Soyuz, the flames started appearing long before we felt any drag from it, so KSP is indeed realistic!")

The most annoying thing: No stock weather system (clouds!) and constant game crashes with standard sized craft (>500 parts)

THATS your "standard" size!?!

Where are people getting these arbitrary part counts that KSP "should" be able to handle?

What are you running it on, Deep Blue?

I flew something that was 1100 parts on the pad and around 700 in orbit and had no crashes. The worst lag I've ever experienced in KSP, seconds-per-frame and two hours to reach orbit, but the game was perfectly stable. (Thankfully. I might well have thrown my PC on the floor if KSP had crashed during that launch.)

Transfer to Minmus? Okey dokey, I got the intercept... lower the PE.. and now I'm completely missing the moon. Oh wait, no I've popped out the other side.. well, the PE is somewhere between 100km and -300KM, I guess I'll find out later ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Exaaaaaaaaactly. And also, recently I've been plotting courses where I leave Kerbin's SOI at a very small relative velocity, single-digit m/s, but AWAY from Kerbin. The conics show me exit Kerbin's SOI, and go on my merry way like you'd expect. In truth what happens is, I exit Kerbin's SOI, go about 10 meters, and then re-enter Kerbin's SOI to take a trip around the ellipse.

:confused:

When you can't place maneuver nodes in map mode, and you need to return to the space center then return to your ship, and you can't revert to Launchpad anymore.

It's also annoying that you can't go somewhere to time warp without losing your option to revert. This is one of the main reasons I installed the HoloDeck mod.

I have a new one: Non-existent Squadcasts. I turn up on Twitch waiting for it to start and nothing. Or, sometimes, I find out it's been run about twelve hours earlier than scheduled. Of course there's never any advance information from Squad.

I have a new one: Non-existent Squadcasts. I turn up on Twitch waiting for it to start and nothing. Or, sometimes, I find out it's been run about twelve hours earlier than scheduled. Of course there's never any advance information from Squad.

Hear, hear, though it worked out for me this weekend as I totally forgot about it until just now :D

My most annoying thing in KSP is when I'm in the Map view, lining up a flight path on a target (I see this when trying to rendezvous with planets and ships, both) and the various markers blip around on the screen like the game is having a seizure. I really need to read the periapsis altitude, but I can't because it keeps moving around. Or sometimes disappearing completely and reappearing ten times a second, each time with widely different numbers. GAAAAAHHHH!

Hmm that's weird... I had quite a bit of problems with using service bays and the thing with a z-200 battery (one of 4) exploding on every launch (apparently all the heat got dumped into that poor thing after staging).
Oh lord, don't even get me started on those service bays. They wobble, they come loose, they explode, they teleport to another dimension, pretty much everything except their job

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.