What are you doing until 1.1?

Kyrt Malthorn

Just trying not to think about when the next update will arrive..... But the fact that im here and read the above posts = that I could not stay away... Well guess I have to kill the time with some of the other fantastic games out there ;-)

ps. Thinking about trying the Kerbal Linux 64bit version.. ( might change to linux in the future ).

Two words...

Rebel Galaxy!

JR

Honestly I felt bored after ~40hr playing that. It's not bad, but after getting a top-tier ship/equips there's nothing really attractive any more, and some small weird but annoying issues stopped me spending more than trivial amount of time on it. I'm still back on 1.0.4 until 1.0.5/1.1, I guess.

I'm going to try to get through all the SETI contracts and advanced progression contracts, with some other contract packs as well, lIke scansat. Shut off a lot the stock contracts to get rid of all the contracts I hate doing that just get in the way of the good stuff. Makes for a much better career at least so far. Figure 1.1 will be ready by the time I've more or else finished the career. Then I can start all over.

I've been wondering what to do myself. I've been to all the planets, finishing with an anywhere-but-Eve mining ship tour. I've maxed the tech tree and have 10mil in the bank.

Normally I have lots going on simultaneously (thanks kerbal alarm clock) but that's not good over an upgrade so I have pulled in all my manned missions and am waiting for something cool to come along in a new version.

My promotion at work requires me to learn some Linux, so now that I'm getting paid for it, I spent the weekend setting up Ubuntu as part of a dual-boot system, and thanks to a lot of forum help, was able to get 64 bit KSP up and running with 86 glorious mods and only 1 crash over 36 hours of playing.

Now to get that work thing wrapped around play time.....

My promotion at work requires me to learn some Linux, so now that I'm getting paid for it, I spent the weekend setting up Ubuntu as part of a dual-boot system, and thanks to a lot of forum help, was able to get 64 bit KSP up and running with 86 glorious mods and only 1 crash over 36 hours of playing.

Now to get that work thing wrapped around play time.....

Great that you got into linux however I am doing the same on 64-bit Windows version of KSP which is rock solid. Putting this here just to spread the word. For details, see the 64-bit thread.

Right now, I am having a hard time to get motivated to play KSP. According to Steam, I have over 1400 hours, so I know it's not the game...or is it? I am hesitant to do anything, even in sandbox, knowing that I may be able to launch and save, but once 1.0.5 or 1.1.0 comes out, I might not be able to get back to that save and pick up where I left off. Does anyone else get the "waiting for the next update funk"?

Right now, I am having a hard time to get motivated to play KSP. According to Steam, I have over 1400 hours, so I know it's not the game...or is it? I am hesitant to do anything, even in sandbox, knowing that I may be able to launch and save, but once 1.0.5 or 1.1.0 comes out, I might not be able to get back to that save and pick up where I left off. Does anyone else get the "waiting for the next update funk"?

In that situation I do shorter term stuff, like challenges, and try out new mods.

I'm diving into UKS with USI-LS and Near Future Technologies. I was totally against the complexity these mods would add, but the more I studied them the more I loved them.

Usually I start a new career when a new release comes out, but I am having too much fun to leave this save behind.

My OKS ship: https://imgur.com/gallery/elRqt/

I made a copy of the KSP folder and put it elsewhere so I can still fly my stuff...need to update the safe folder though...

In steam, I can make a folder, or in fact, copy the entire game, but cannot play it as a stand-alone. Does anyone have an idea around this? I'd love to have a game modded to the max and one vanilla game for the challenges...

What am I doing while waiting for 1.1/1.0.5?

Waiting for 7 Days to Die Alpha 13~

In steam, I can make a folder, or in fact, copy the entire game, but cannot play it as a stand-alone. Does anyone have an idea around this? I'd love to have a game modded to the max and one vanilla game for the challenges...

I still do that when new releases come in. I own both versions (Steam and Squad Store), but the Squad Store tends to be a little slow on release day (although it's been better in the 1.0 era than pre-1.0), so I usually just branch off from the Steam version (which, as it happens, is on sale right now) for the first few days. As sal_vager says, there's no DRM on it (yay!), plus it loads all assets from a relative path, so it's highly compatible with that sort of installation.

Are you starting it from the KSP.exe (I've heard that the launcher doesn't work so well these days, never used it to be honest)? Are the permissions okay?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.