What are you doing until 1.1?

Kyrt Malthorn

I do not like career (kind of broken/misdesigned in my eyes). Played "original" KSP with mods for a long time, but in the end it was a little bit too easy and boring...

So I took a spare SSD and put Manaro Linux on it. Always tried to install Linux on an USB 3.0 stick, but I failed. Runs fine now and for four or five weeks I play KSP with RSS/RO. First space station (orbiting between the 1st and 2nd Vvan Allen Belt) is half finished and I am designing now my Mars interplanery ship along with the lander.

A whole lot of nothing. I couldn't bring my gaming computer with me to school, so all I can do is watch you guys have fun with the update, my nose pressed against the glass like a poor orphan child at a toy store.

Is that Spike Spiegel's spaceplane in your sig? O_O Color me impressed. What mods did you use for it?

On topic: I'm mostly playing a lot of LoL right now, but I'm thinking of maybe doing an all stock low part count lifter for the challenge. Can't wait till the update.

Edited by Nobody_1707

What am I doing in KSP until 1.1? As little as possible! For now I'm done with this piece of faecal matter.

I quit KSP about two weeks ago as it has too many bugs and is just too unstable to play with even with only a moderate amount of mods. I'm not even flying ships, just building things in the VAB/SPH is apparently enough to cause fatal crashes. No warning at all, just a single mouse click or key press too many and POOF! desktop.

What am I doing in KSP until 1.1? As little as possible! For now I'm done with this piece of faecal matter.

I quit KSP about two weeks ago as it has too many bugs and is just too unstable to play with even with only a moderate amount of mods. I'm not even flying ships, just building things in the VAB/SPH is apparently enough to cause fatal crashes. No warning at all, just a single mouse click or key press too many and POOF! desktop.

Well I'm sorry to hear that. But I think it's more of an issue with your pc ? I'm on an average laptop and everything works as it should.

What are your specs?

If you're not alone you're close to it. KSP on stock works just fine and I'll admit to getting crashes somewhat regularly with all my mods (30+ really) but that's nothing quickloading can't fix.

Seems like an issue related to you, incorrect mod install or something?

I have decent amount of mods and definelitely not getting a single crash in weeks.

I started a stock career 1 week ago. No mods except Kerbal Engineer for TWR and dV readings. For the very first time I fly all my maneuvers manually, including rendezvous and docking. Until now I often "cheated" with MJ for the fiddly stuff, although I always created my maneuver nodes myself. I am (was?) really bad at flying things. Improving this is a challenge, and not having the Corvus pod to have a scientist with me for restoring the materials bay and goo containers is really hard...

By the time I will have done Duna and Eve, I hope 1.1 will be out.

I do this to be prepared for 1.1, because almost no mods will work in the beginning. This way I will start a new career without being tempted to cheat...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.