Most Ridiculous Space Theory Ever!

TronX33

http://www.wildheretic.com/there-is-glass-in-the-sky/

This guy's blog. I found this one day when searching for images of atmoshpheric re-entry. It's too ridiculous for me to do anything byt laugh at t. Other theories? The Sun is a lightbulb. Hubble and the ISS are a hoax. NASA fakes stars. The moon and planets are fakes. This guy, is the epitome of Fractal Wrongness

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Fractal_wrongness

Everything... Ow.

His idea of an atmosphere curve is really funny. At 100km, almost no air: True. ASL, lots of air: True. Therefore, there is almost no air until ASL: False.

"At what altitude is “just short of orbital velocity?†Just under 100 km." OWWWW!!! STOP IT!! You're hurting me.

"Only the shuttle itself and intercontinental missiles can do so as they are the only ones with reinforced carbon nose cones (and front wing edges)." So, nothing else has ever been to space. It all fits! ...Only it doesn't.

Don't worry, the whole website is a cleverly-made troll/satire. It took a while for me to confirm that but now I'm sure.

That's the problem with internet. Often, you can't be sure if something is satire or not.

What made you think this is?

Wow...this is just...wow...last time I felt like this was when I opened Flat Earth Society wiki.

Space Shuttle TPS is so brittle rain will destroy it, and you want us to believe it plows into glass at 25000 km/h? I usually read conspiracy theories for fun when I'm bored, but this is too much.

either they will end up crashing planes into buildings or going on a shooting rampage.. :(

Precisely.

That's the problem with internet. Often, you can't be sure if something is satire or not.

What made you think this is?

Because it's so over the top, I assume. Of course, I also assumed that the website of the Westborough Baptist Church was satire, because it simply couldn't be real. So yeah, there's that.

"There has to be something solid up there at just above 100 km to absorb the infra-red rays of the Sun to cause such a drastic change of temperature from one side of that altitude to the other."

Ouch... That logic actually hurts.

and of course to keep the air in, else it floats away into space :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.