[Java] Depart - Remove parts from spacecraft in from KSP save files

Nicate

I ran into an issue where one of my spacecraft had an erroneous part left on it, causing it to randomly explode due to clipping, so I wrote a small tool to address the issue. Seeing as how I've seen some people ask around about this, here it is. I imagine it might also be useful for mods and version mismatches and whatnot. So here goes. I hope I have correctly satisfied the forum and add-on rules.

Description

Depart provides the ability to remove a part from a vessel in a KSP save file. Just open a save file, select the part you wish to remove, and click the button. You can use the name and the attributes of a part to search for the one you want to remove.

Installation

1. Extract the contents of the ZIP file anywhere.
  2. Start Depart by double clicking the JAR file.

Requirements

Depart requires the Java Runtime Environment (JRE), version 7 or higher.

License

Copyright (c) 2015 NGamed

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and
associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction,
including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute,
sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial
portions of the Software.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT
NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND
NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES
OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN
CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

Download

Depart can be downloaded here: http://www.w00tass.com/dump/ksp/depart/depart_1.0.0.zip

The source is included in the download.

• 1 month later...
I ran into an issue where one of my spacecraft had an erroneous part left on it, causing it to randomly explode due to clipping, so I wrote a small tool to address the issue. Seeing as how I've seen some people ask around about this, here it is. I imagine it might also be useful for mods and version mismatches and whatnot. So here goes. I hope I have correctly satisfied the forum and add-on rules.

<snip>

Depart can be downloaded here: http://www.w00tass.com/dump/ksp/depart/depart_1.0.0.zip

The source is included in the download.

I just wanted to thank you for this simple but lifesaver utility. +rep'd also. thanks a lot!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.