What makes you feel BadS?

peachoftree

When I fly my favorite super maneuverable plane around KSC and get some crazy close calls. Some by accident, some on purpose. Makes my heart rate jump and I feel awesome afterwords. :D

Oh yesh. I took a break from endless nights of huge helicopter testing and built a Chinese J-10 fighter.

Really fun to mess around with it especially after this close call and living to tell the tale!

9iW5OQF.jpg

Just had an narrow escape using an science rover-lander on Mun, basically an common lander with four drop tanks with wheels on letting me explore close biomes, things went a bit fast downhill and it started tumbling lost some of the wheels and knew this would not go well so I waited until it was mostly upright before pressing space to drop the tanks and wheels and full throttle felt well then I switched to map mode and did the gravity turn.

Oh yesh. I took a break from endless nights of huge helicopter testing and built a Chinese J-10 fighter.

Really fun to mess around with it especially after this close call and living to tell the tale!

Ok, where'd the trees come from? FOr some reason, when I updated my driver, even on the default detail settings, my trees have disappeared. Any suggestions?

I gotta say, making interesting craft and flying them around strikes me as pretty BadS. Witness Jeb flying through the mountain range west of the KSC on the back of a bird.

ZqQBzpG.jpg

It may not involve explosions or (much) fire. But it's still pretty dang awesome, in my humble opinion :)

-Upsilon

Ok, where'd the trees come from? FOr some reason, when I updated my driver, even on the default detail settings, my trees have disappeared. Any suggestions?

The trees are KSC++. You can find it in the LackLusterLabs thread.

I don't use the stock generated trees either, they crashed my game to 1 FPS while re-entering over a mountain range filled with zillions of pine trees!

The trees are KSC++. You can find it in the LackLusterLabs thread.

I don't use the stock generated trees either, they crashed my game to 1 FPS while re-entering over a mountain range filled with zillions of pine trees!

Do the new trees just appear around the space center or are they all over? I changed my setting from default to "high" for terrain detail, unfortunately there is no in-between setting (which in my opinion actually makes the slider bar irrelevant). When I did that, yes, trees did reappear but my FPS dropped to 31.1.

But because I do not want to be tagged by a moderator for being off topic :cool:! What gets me going is when a design performs better than I ever anticipate it. Although I do still enjoy exploring the other planets and moons, I also love developing new aircraft and surface vehicles. When I design one that can have multiple roles, I really enjoy it!

Edited by adsii1970

You used FMRS, I assume:wink:

Still awesome nonetheless.

kOS, actually; I made a program that put my spaceplane into an acceptable orbit, and manually took the drop pods in myself.

It's the main reason I'm so psyched for the Mk3 cargo ramp; it'll feel so awesome to be able to drive my rover off that ramp and let 'er soar!

Practical? Not in any way.

Awesome? Check.

Kerbal? Double-check :cool:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.