[Old] Dark Days - Dying of the light. - Kopernicus mod. (Continuation in works)

daniel l.

Colony Stage - 20000 Science

Player recieves custom parts using rabidninjawombat's civilian population, As a dependency.

Daniel.l this pack is looking really interesting :)

Send me a PM if you would like any help figuring out ways to utilize the CivPop parts :) Working on a block of new parts for that pack right now, and may be able to throw together some custom stuff for you (time permitting :P )

Daniel.l this pack is looking really interesting :)

Send me a PM if you would like any help figuring out ways to utilize the CivPop parts :) Working on a block of new parts for that pack right now, and may be able to throw together some custom stuff for you (time permitting :P )

Thanks :) I guess what i could use is a High capacity civilian pod, And a set of ground habitats. The design style should be sorta B9'ish with lots of TRON like glowing lines.

A suggestion: Move KSC to Laythe and call it "Exodus Outpost" or something. The idea would be that it's the last stand of Kerbalkind in the Kerbol system.

Umm.... Im not so sure how easy that would be. Its a good idea but not possible with kopernicus or any other mod i know of. :(

Wow. This actually is stunning. I really wanna look at these new planets.

You will soon :) (As soon as i can actually make one without breaking the game)

Btw if you want a closer look just check out the prototype link i gave a page or two back

Edited by daniel l.

I was thinking today about compatible modpacks and their changes. Here's a list of changes:

Kronkus Pack

Kronkus: Will have been slightly dislocated by orbital disaster. Renamed Kruslos

Sketti: Unchanged. Renamed Spaghettus

Meelo: Orbits sun. Renamed Meilis

Kersex: Orbits sun. Renamed Kerdon

Eapheaph: Same story as Vall: Ice melted. Will have slightly eccentric and inclined orbit. Renamed Ephpollos

Otherworlds:

Cercani: Will have eccentric orbit. Kerbals think this is what caused the orbital chaos. Renamed Cercans

Awesome! Hope to see this come out some day soon. Also I would like to see it be compatible with galactic neighborhood so I an "find" a burning desolate star system, while having the stock one available to play around in. Anyway great mod keep up the good work!

i have found that i am terrible at 3d modeling and texturing for the parts, I would apprecitate the help of someone who can do modeling..etc

I have to stop you there. There are a few things wrong with this sentence.

Nr 1: you just "found" that you are terrible at modeling and texturing. I dont know from where you (and sadly many others) have gotten this notion that game asset design is something that can be "winged" with absolutly no previous experience. Sure some people here like daishi, nertea, zzz, keptin and porkjet(plus many more) make it seem easy. But the fact is that these are people that have worked hard for many years becoming good at what they do.

Im sure it is not meant to be negative but it comes off a bit ignorant.

Nr 2: if you feel that you are so terrible at it then the best thing to to is show how dedicated you are by learning not to be so terrible rather than asking for handouts.

Also once you accept that modeling and texturing is actually a hard thing to become accomplished at you will be able to give yourself ample time to improve yourself.

Sorry for the rant... had seen this type of post a bit to many times

Now about the mod.. the concept is interesting.. but creating an idea is the EASY thing. Actually realising it is the hard part. Id suggest starting by focusing on something more simple. Mayby just focusing on creating a kopernicus pack first using modified textures would be a more realistic goal then a full blown game conversion. This will get you accustomed to the ksp spesifics of modding like the cfg system as well as basic texture work. Hope this helps

I have to stop you there. There are a few things wrong with this sentence.

Nr 1: you just "found" that you are terrible at modeling and texturing. I dont know from where you (and sadly many others) have gotten this notion that game asset design is something that can be "winged" with absolutly no previous experience. Sure some people here like daishi, nertea, zzz, keptin and porkjet(plus many more) make it seem easy. But the fact is that these are people that have worked hard for many years becoming good at what they do.

Im sure it is not meant to be negative but it comes off a bit ignorant.

Nr 2: if you feel that you are so terrible at it then the best thing to to is show how dedicated you are by learning not to be so terrible rather than asking for handouts.

Also once you accept that modeling and texturing is actually a hard thing to become accomplished at you will be able to give yourself ample time to improve yourself.

Sorry for the rant... had seen this type of post a bit to many times

Now about the mod.. the concept is interesting.. but creating an idea is the EASY thing. Actually realising it is the hard part. Id suggest starting by focusing on something more simple. Mayby just focusing on creating a kopernicus pack first using modified textures would be a more realistic goal then a full blown game conversion. This will get you accustomed to the ksp spesifics of modding like the cfg system as well as basic texture work. Hope this helps

Thats not all i said. I said i would do it myself anyway even without help, It would just be not as good as a pro could make it. But i am determined to achieve the goals of this mod, And i will! Just give me time.

Ok. Got something to announce. I wont be making most of the custom models. Instead i will be collecting and using models from other mods. Dont worry i will give full credit to the creators of each model and the mod they came from as well as the original licenses.

Ok. Got something to announce. I wont be making most of the custom models. Instead i will be collecting and using models from other mods. Dont worry i will give full credit to the creators of each model and the mod they came from as well as the original licenses.

If I were you, I would not do that. Instead you should either weld stock parts or make your own models TBH. :P

There are rules against it for one thing, and for another thing it's kind of mean to the original makers. It would be like making a movie consisting mostly of clips from Star Wars and justifying it with "I give full credit to the original makers."

Alright sorry :( I guess i will have to try to make them myself. It wont be easy though considering that the best stuff i've done is a textured cube.

If I were you, I would not do that. Instead you should either weld stock parts or make your own models TBH. :P
There are rules against it for one thing, and for another thing it's kind of mean to the original makers. It would be like making a movie consisting mostly of clips from Star Wars and justifying it with "I give full credit to the original makers."

While i always suggest one making their own models and textures, (and am always willing to help folks learn too :D) Their isnt anything wrong with Daniel.l using part models from other mods provided

A: He asks permission (this is actually a courtesy depending on the mods license, but i always highly recommend it as its good form)

B: Gives credit if the license requires it. And follows all licensing rules.

Intersteller Extended does this with alot of its parts and and FreeThinker does an awesome job with it (heck he recently grabbed an unused part from the Civilian Population Project and put it to great use)

ZZZ's models are a great example, and might go well with this pack, he's made them avalible for public use, and there are several mods that use them, and ZZZ made em available specifically for that reason.

Daniel, its your mod :) so if you wanna use models that are publicly available, more power to ya (long as form and rules are obeyed :D)

Edited by rabidninjawombat

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.