Explain that to the insurance agency

mikeman7918

I posted a forum game like this a while back but after a rule change it lost momentum. I am reviving it because it was very fun, with the original rules.

In this game you have to explain the scenario specified by the poster above you to your insurance agency in such a way that they would pay for your "accidents". After that you post a scenario for the next poster.

Rules:

Don't say "it was on purpose" because it takes away the fun and no insurgence agency would insure it if it were not an accident.

No side conversations.

You may repeat scenarios, but don't over use one.

Here is an example:

Poster 1:

[insert excuse here]

You crash a space probe into the Mun.

Poster 2:

The janitor thought that the probe control software at mission control was a video game.

Your Duna mission explodes on lift off.

Poster 3:

An engineer left his sandwich in the fuel tank.

Your Minimus lander landed too hard and broke a leg.

Poster 4:

Bob thought that the cut engine button dispensed snacks.

[insert scenario here]

I think you get the idea. I will start by posting the first scenario:

Your cargo rocket prematurely stages.

We sent an engineer to the sun to get it to output more energy so our probe mission wouldn't fail. For some reason, he just stopped talking to us and let the mission fail! No clue why! He seemed to be screaming a lot beforehand though.

You manage to total a plane by first landing it in the crater with the northern monolith and destroying its engines, and then using the dead aircraft as a ladder for the rescue craft (which, due to an engineering insight, didn't have a ladder on it), breaking the plane beyond repair when the rescue plane has to push it around to take off to the UFO at the north pole.

It was an undetermined consequence of excessive application of asparagus staged star-core 125 kn solid rocket boosters in a meta-reality system matrix defined by sporadic spore applications. (Describes all of them ;))

Your new SSTO works perfectly, but when it lands, it breaks a runway light.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.