Box-art fantasy contest

KasperVld

dont think its a selling argument as you have to know the game to get an idea of what the box is displaying at all - wont catch someone (new) in an electronics store

Absolutely no game sells just from the box art these days - unless it is the latest in a long-running franchise that is most likely to be bought by previous players. For everything else, the best the box art can do is to announce "here is that game you read reviews about", and to do that it has to reference the art people are likely to see in the reviews, and include review quotes to confirm that it is the same game even if the prospective purchaser has forgotten the name. Of course a few people will buy a copy on the basis of good box art that somehow tickles their curiosity, so it is worth making sure the game lives up to expectations created by the box art; but that's not a major source of revenue.

I think Charle_Rogers' entry does best at referencing the reviews. It includes Kerbals, spaceship images similar to ones used in reviews, and review quotes and scores. On that basis, not only is it high quality photo-composition, it is also a very good example of workable box art. And in my view it, like several others, also manages to match the game experience as far as any box art can match KSP!

Definitely the best one I've seen so far! The planets orbiting the pupil is what sold this one for me!

Yey thanks! I just had this idea in my head and I had to get it out before I forget it so it was a relatively quick render. I'm personally not a big fan of screenshots on the front cover since they act as some sort of camouflage on a shelf full of games. They are great on the backside though! The front should be in my opinion an "eye catcher" ;)

There are some great ones in here, although the ones that look like GTA box art, or ones that feature Star Wars fonts are probably on shaky ground. I think there's enough content in the game that can be used so we don't have to resort to intellectual property that belongs to super-rich game companies or litigious movie producers.

Regardless, great work guys, keep the creativity going!

The german community sends two covers in the race for first place :cool:

Many thanks to catchie, Niboos and KnutG (german member).

How do you like that?

P.S.: pegi 12+ because KSP is more then a gambling just an science ^^

1.0:

http://www.kerbalspaceprogram.de/images/KSP_Cover/Box-Art_Contest_Cover_1.0.png

2.0:

http://www.kerbalspaceprogram.de/images/KSP_Cover/Box-Art_Contest_Cover_2.0.png

Also gets my vote, especially the 2nd one.

You're going to need to make an image hosting service account, most people use imgur, but it's up to you. Uploading images directly from your computer was disabled a long time ago.

My attempt:

6524844_orig.png

Squad should really find a publisher for physical copies of KSP, (I'm sure Excalibur Publishing for example would be interested) I'd buy it again! And having it in retail stores would cause a huge increase in sales. All my games are (PC) DVDs except digital only ones like KSP.