Mods that every KSP player should have...

They use mechjeb

Or, you learn how to plot a maneuver by mousing over the nodes on your maneuver node, and using the scroll wheel on your mouse to make fine adjustments.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't use mods to make up for any shortcomings in my abilities. I use them to make up for shortcomings in THE GAME.

That's a good attitude. If you use mods to fly your ship, you'll never learn how to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

If I had to suggest a mod, (an actual mod, not just Claw's bug fix modules) I would suggest the FASA rocket parts mod.

I love the historical rocket parts.

Edited by Guest

I find these ABSOLUTELY necessary:

Remotetech (get it to get ready for satellite relays that will be in 1.1)

TAC Life Support

KAS

KIS

Novapunch (parts)

USI Kolonization

Engineer Redux

I suggest NOT getting Mechjeb. It will not teach you the basics and instead does all the work for you. Most the fun is figuring the game out and you have plenty of time to do that.This is not exhaustive. I use over 60 mods now but these are awesome ones.

That's a good attitude. If you use mods to fly your ship, you'll never learn how to do it.

On the contrary, I found MechJeb very useful when I first started playing, because it showed me what to do and how to do it. But let's not argue about what autopilots may or may not be good for.

• 1 month later...
The CKAN mod manager is useful for installing, un-installing, and especially because it gives you a list of (the majority of) mods that are up-to-date for your KSP version.

I am interested to hear this... but I really struggle to install and run CKAN. I play on a MacBook Pro. I am told to install something called mono, which is this HUGE-ass piece of software that I don't know the purpose of. But even then it won't run. Is it worth the trouble?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.