rotate function turning opposing parts opposite direction instead of the same direction (wing tips)

Messing with a splace plane in the SPH..

I added winglets to the end that I want to turn UP.. Problem is when I select one side and select the rotate tool.. if I turn one wingtip UP the one on the opposite wingtip turns DOWN..

Ive done this before, and have not had this problem, until now.

Edited by Wingnutt

Messing with a splace plane in the SPH..

I added winglets to the end that I want to turn UP.. Problem is when I select one side and select the rotate tool.. if I turn one wingtip UP the one on the opposite wingtip turns DOWN..

Ive done this before, and have not had this problem, until now.

Try removing them and making sure you use mirror symmetry to attach. You may have accidentally used radial symmetry.

Ive tried this

1: When the rotate tool is selected, you cannot change symmetry mode.

2: ive removed the entire wings. I snap the winds on, they rotate as expected.. I add the wing tips to them, they move in opposite directions.

Have tried this in the SPH and the VAB

Ive tried this

1: When the rotate tool is selected, you cannot change symmetry mode.

2: ive removed the entire wings. I snap the winds on, they rotate as expected.. I add the wing tips to them, they move in opposite directions.

Have tried this in the SPH and the VAB

You accidentally forgot to add a screenshot to your post.

Have you installed the stock bug fix modules? There are quite a few bugs with symmetry in the editor and this mod fixes many of them.

I.e. if your issue looks similiar to what I posted here it will be fixed by installing the SymmetryActionFix module:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/97285-KSP-v1-0-4-Stock-Bug-Fix-Modules-%28Release-v1-0-4c-2-1-Sep-15%29?p=1763641&viewfull=1#post1763641

"""It seems the game forces radial symmetry mode for the children from the cloned part in this scenario, even if they were placed with mirror symmetry initially""'

That is exactly what is going on.

That thread rambles and wanders for days, do you know the specific mod that fixes this issue?

Installed full version from OP

No change.

removed the wing tips, switch from radial to mirror, the instant the tips touch the wing it switches back to radial, and cannot be changed.

Attached wing tips, switched to mirror, then selected the rotate tool. Same problem as before.

Tried that, attached one wing only, attached wing tip to that wing, made adjustment, clicked wing, selected 2-way, switched to mirror mode.

Attached the wing again.. Original wing is as I built it, the mirrored wing has the tip pointing the wrong direction, same as before.

EDIT: THAT worked, but ONLY if you do it in the SPH, it wont work in the VAB

Edited by Wingnutt

Are you attaching the wings to the main fuselage in the center or other parts attached with symmetry? If the latter, and those parts somehow got attached with radial symmetry then all child parts will inherit the symmetry mode.
Tried that, attached one wing only, attached wing tip to that wing, made adjustment, clicked wing, selected 2-way, switched to mirror mode.

Attached the wing again.. Original wing is as I built it, the mirrored wing has the tip pointing the wrong direction, same as before.

See what i was talking about. How sad people don't use my power to predict future for their benefit.

Are you building your craft 'flat' in the VAB, as in oriented with the wings parallel to the floor, or with the nose pointed up? I'm not sure exactly what the distinction is, but there is a difference between the VAB and SPH as far as axial alignment goes. If you can't get a satisfactory result in the VAB, build the craft in the SPH and save it as a subassembly.

I recommend starting with a new craft because it seems that at some point you added a part with radial symmetry and the child parts are inheriting it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.