Antennae revealed on Squadcast

TMS

I don't see the supports as especially problematic. It's a different engineering solution to a familiar problem, perhaps part of why this dish has one specific range rather than another.

Segmented dishes are definitely a thing:

US07859479-20101228-D00000.png

US07965256-20110621-D00008.png

photo1_L.JPG

photo3_L.JPG

Structure on the dish surface doesn't seem to be that big a problem either:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTgvPvTni-_kbAD03SR_DUwMkptnuXy5k_JZkGXpx3gj4JORc5

Will you guys be fixing the bug that makes antennae undeployable after sending a transmission?

Hey Roverdude, you're probably not the guy that is responsible for fixing this, but could you comment on whether you know if it is being looked into or not?

It would appear that I am going to be the first to point out that the grammatically correct plural of "antenna" in this context is "antennas", not "antennae".

In other news, I really like the way that this new comms system is looking. Keep it up!

So howcome there are so many limits put on antennas? For one, considering that real life antennas transmit through subspace, they would not care is there are planets in the way or not. Secondly, probes are more or less droid brains that can think independently of KSC, so realistically probes should not need a connection to kerbin, especially the ones that have sentient AI in them :)

And yes, i watch too much sci-fi for my own good :D

So howcome there are so many limits put on antennas? For one, considering that real life antennas transmit through subspace, they would not care is there are planets in the way or not. Secondly, probes are more or less droid brains that can think independently of KSC, so realistically probes should not need a connection to kerbin, especially the ones that have sentient AI in them :)

And yes, i watch too much sci-fi for my own good :D

Yeah, I'm not so sure about that subspace thing. xD

They have to. How else can you see the Klingons 10 light years away in real time while traveling at warp?

Clearly you have to configure the deflector to emit polaron radiation. Then it's just a simple matter of emitting a tachyon pulse at the right time, while simultaneously inverting the flow of anti-protons.

Myself, I like the new antennas but then I tend to put gameplay over aesthetics anyway.

My only question is how are we going to do capture burns with unmanned craft on the far side of a planet?

I REALLY don`t want to have to send two craft for each mission or be forced to send a kerbal first...

That would be lame.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.