Space Shuttle Pack Addons page

Mike-NZ

What would you like to see cometed first?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see cometed first?

• Space shuttle and related core components for stock ksp
    • Realism overhaul and FAR compatibility
    • Shuttle payloads
    • Real life vehicles
    • X craft and prototype/future/canceled ideas

yeap ok so, see the floating node on the pad? that's a decoupling attach point.

ram that sucker onto the node on the shuttle that sits between the 3 SSME's. its centred. no clamps needed.

just stage it right.

let me know how it goes

- - - Updated - - -

I have not tried it yet. but if the save file includes a part that I don't have in my game it wont load. it is a new part isn't it?

You just need all of your shuttle packs ( the main one, the payloads one) and the most recent version of Raidernicks US Probes pack.

- - - Updated - - -

will the shuttle be able to handle a inclination change from 28° at launch to 56° to the iss?

In my experience, if I try do a launch with an inclination with anything but 0°, the launch will fail. However, if I let MechJeb handle the launch, regardless of inclination, the launch will be ok.

You just need all of your shuttle packs ( the main one, the payloads one) and the most recent version of Raidernicks US Probes pack.

- - - Updated - - -

ok I need to download the probes pack, thanks. would you like the craft file download on page one?

In my experience, if I try do a launch with an inclination with anything but 0°, the launch will fail. However, if I let MechJeb handle the launch, regardless of inclination, the launch will be ok.

have you tried changing your inclination to rendezvous with a target? I tried something last week with mechjeb but it fired so early and it took all my mono. I almost think the mono engines are weak.

have you tried changing your inclination to rendezvous with a target? I tried something last week with mechjeb but it fired so early and it took all my mono. I almost think the mono engines are weak.

I found that it is best if you do not use the RCS thrusters for manuevers

hmmm...let me take a look in the cfg file for the tank

- - - Updated - - -

the built in reaction wheel was what was maintaining the shuttle's stability after the SRBs were jettisoned because it would go out fo control otherwise. it is also strong enough to change orbiter inclination for an inclination changing burn. Mike? Want to assist me?

hmmm...let me take a look in the cfg file for the tank

- - - Updated - - -

the built in reaction wheel was what was maintaining the shuttle's stability after the SRBs were jettisoned because it would go out fo control otherwise. it is also strong enough to change orbiter inclination for an inclination changing burn. Mike? Want to assist me?

I think you mean "strong enough to change orbiter attitude". Reaction wheels only provide rotation, while a change in an orbital parameter like inclination requires thrust.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.