Space Shuttle Pack Addons page

Mike-NZ

What would you like to see cometed first?  

214 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see cometed first?

• Space shuttle and related core components for stock ksp
    • Realism overhaul and FAR compatibility
    • Shuttle payloads
    • Real life vehicles
    • X craft and prototype/future/canceled ideas

yes x-20 dynasoar

I started long time ago and need to finish.

also what should I do about first stage? I made a centaur from small pictures I found.

- snip -

If you're referring to the model you made in the picture, the thing you made is a Transtage, another upper stage created for Titan rockets. Centaur upper stages were used on Titan as well, but the part with the exposed, conical tanks next to the engines is a Transtage:

http://www.planet4589.org/space/misc/geo/transt.gif

Hope I could be helpful and clear up some possible confusion!

Edited by Budgie

The engine for the X-15 seems to be bugged, upon releasing it after selecting it I can't click on it to pick it back up, nor can I right click it to tweak it. I am not running RSS/RO.

- - - Updated - - -

I would also like to add (this is more of a suggestion), both the B52 and X-15 use the Mk2 cockpit interior. I understand that these mods are in their infancy, I would just like to see them receive their own interior.

The engine for the X-15 seems to be bugged, upon releasing it after selecting it I can't click on it to pick it back up, nor can I right click it to tweak it. I am not running RSS/RO.

- - - Updated - - -

I would also like to add (this is more of a suggestion), both the B52 and X-15 use the Mk2 cockpit interior. I understand that these mods are in their infancy, I would just like to see them receive their own interior.

Looks like I forgot to add colliders silly me. Still, all the things I shoot through unity I am bound to miss some of them. But thanks for letting me know.

Cockpits are very time consuming and will do them later

- - - Updated - - -

If you're referring to the model you made in the picture, the thing you made is a Transtage, another upper stage created for Titan rockets. Centaur upper stages were used on Titan as well, but the part with the exposed, conical tanks next to the engines is a Transtage:

http://www.planet4589.org/space/misc/geo/transt.gif

Hope I could be helpful and clear up some possible confusion!

Oh I see. Sweet a diagram. I shal investigate

- - - Updated - - -

I am glad america chose the shuttle and not that. Would be a funny national icon. But I would like to make it still. Looks interesting

- - - Updated - - -

Mike,

This is amazing. Always wanted to fly a Farscape and an X-20. If there's ever a Kerbal-con or something, I'm gonna buy you a whole plate of NC BBQ. John Crichton forever!

BTW, the screenshot you posted of him with the long beard laying on the module was from a season 1 episode called Jeremiah Crichton, which is, quite literally, the worst of the 88 episodes.

Still, even a bad Farscape episode is better than a lot of other TV.

John Crichton was here!

Im honoured. I would love to be at a kerbalcon and meet the big guys there.

Thanks for the info and I will have to check out this series. Maybe I can watch while I mod

- - - Updated - - -

Nice Mike!

Why not just use FASA's Titan parts as LV, and just make the adapter which connects the shuttle to the rocket? Would mean less work... ;)

Also, you should apply an Edgesplit modifier to the models shown above, they look a bit "liquid" right now. :)

Will have to install fasa again and make it all fit thanks. Will try edgesplit also

Mike, one question, where's the dirty commie soyuz launchpad? I can't seem to find it in the downloads

will make a link somewhere soon.

also.

some sort of space elevator...?

E7Tlv65.pnglno6MjP.pngMGDTKFz.png

- - - Updated - - -

what am I doing...lol

- - - Updated - - -

infernal robotics, high speed, 100,000m distance

Hey Mike, how's the farscape rocket doing?

And out of all your crafts so far, can you give this one interplanetary range?

I feel it would be well suited for that.

sure can.

are we talking high ISP, inbuilt alternative transport or something placed on the ship for it

- - - Updated - - -

use this as engine sound:

and please ignore the hordes of criminals in the beaches, they will be dealt, again

haha this made me laugh. elevator music. so good for a video

ok I made a 'drive' engine.

so you have your normal one running on lfo and another unit you install into the ship with a thrust transform with super high isp and thrust, runs on magic xenon gas for now

you can switch between engines.

screenshots in a minute

so while mowing the lawns, thinking about the finer details of the aerodynamic properties of control surfaces in the vacuum of space, I figured I should add invisible control surfaces built into the wings of the farscape.

no visual differences, no extra parts, functionality.

working on the Eyes Turned Skywards mod and inputting first Part:

Apollo block iii - basic textures for now

-snip-

Guess I never made a public announcement. I'll be helping Mike run an Eyes Turned Skywards mod. I don't claim any credit for any management skills or something like that. Just running the page and maybe doing some testing. Expect a thread soon, maybe when we have something deliverable!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.