Let's push KSP!

RayneCloud

Not gonna lie, was just kind of hoping they wouldn\'t notice. >.> Tried to give them credit so they might not make em take it down. Honestly wasn\'t that worried about it, just posted it on YouTube for the heck of it. Wanted it mainly for our open house.

In my opinion, the best way to push this game (as players) is to make cool/funny/interesting movies about our projects and to post them on youtube and similar sites. It is a way of \'talking\' about the game, and short online movies are the best medium for this kind of situation. It reminds me a lot about minecraft, that game also grew a lot because of all that was on youtube.

You can encourage the making by such movies by organizing contests or official weekly challenges where the conteders have to post their submission on youtube. You don\'t have to ask anyone to post those youtube-links around the whole internet, merely asking players to upload to youtube is enough in the long run. Some of the best movies will then start to live their own life and people who like what they see will follow the trail back to this game and try it out.

I remember Angry Birds Space, being presented by NASA astronaut Donald Pettit in the International Space Station.

NASA states that such collaboration with Rovio Mobile may share the excitement of space with the Angry Birds community, educate users on NASA’s programs, and create interactive educational experiences for the public.
So, Nasa will be interested on Kerbal Space Program 8), if given the chance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angry_Birds_Space#Reception

Been actively promoting Kerbal.Space Program too friends an family.

Had my cusions playing it (Demo Version) over the weekend on my Mac.

They loved been able too build an crash there rockets... Evil people.

Apart from that I actively promote the game.

An offer advice/encouragement too new players visiting Overclocker.co.uk

Which I am a regular on. @ http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18295252

Hey KSP is moving up. It is now the top search result if you type KSP into google. Used to be Kentucky State Police and some chemical company.

In German, kerbalspaceprogram.com is the third and only KSP-related result.

We need to push this game more on the rest of the world!

Damion Rayne, I know that we have certain areas covered.

Social media sites (FaceBook, Twitter)

YouTube

Numourous Forums

Blogging sites.

Have the Developers + Squad considered viral marketing?

Many companys had there product success rating an member numbers increased dramatically over 7 Days thanks too viral marketting.

Seanoog, Viral marketing in the pure sense (just let the community run wild and make videos and tell people about it) is great, but I hope you don\'t mean stealth marketing. That\'s a slimy tactic which can easily backfire if not done completely correctly and you get caught.

Also, I\'d have to agree with Capt. Skunky. At an alpha stage, if you start telling too many people about it you can clog the development process with too many bug reports (mark my words, that problem will never be totally rooted out in any game), make expectations too high too early, unintentionally mislead newcomers into thinking it\'s a complete game due to the popularity, and then get swarmed with complaints, alienate the original fanbase by bringing in a new sort of audience with their own very different hopes for the game, and in a similar vein, bring in a different audience with different hopes, and as a result, continued following of the original design path could upset them and cause them to spread poor reviews of the game.

I think that after there are a healthy number of other planets, and the code of the game is at a point where it will no longer need any huge re-writes, trying to get the game to go viral for a second time (who can dispute the fact that it went viral to an extent when it first was released?) would be great, but not so much now when many core features to a complete space travel game are missing.

Was just suggesting.

An it would appear that you\'s have considered that kind of marketing, but are against it.

No harm done, I shall continue enjoying KSP, an enlighting others too its addictive game play. :)

Im trying to get my friends to like it but they have tunnelvision when it comes to games, mostly just League Of Legends with the occasional Skyrim and Minecraft.

What is a good way of making them like the game?

You could just try introducing it. I\'ve been playing LoL for quite a time. I stopped 6 months ago, too many champions and KSP was way more fun with the vast amount of features being added every week. :D

I they don\'t want, they don\'t. No need to 'force' a friend.

Forcing is such a strong word, im trying to convince them to play it :)

Altough they\'ll probably buy it when this game explodes like minecraft

I know of numerous players who trial and stopped because of limited things to do. More planets, and once we get EVA\'s missions and challenges, it will be huge. Hopefully mod community or developers can expand on player generated missions, will be great. I am pushing, got a couple people to take a second look again.

I\'ve got a spankin new utube channel up, and have started a let\'s play series, on a laptop so it takes a little longer to upload vids, but once i get a nice rig, Oh man ill have vids flyin\' up faster than you can say Kerbal Space Program.

my plan also is to pay/donate for a second copy, in my eyes $30 is still a great deal for a game this great, especially considering most 60 dollar games are crap

at the moment i consider youtube a hobby, so i don\'t monetize my vids

however if i happen to become a youtube star, and with permission from a dev, i would monetize

and i would gladly donate anything i make from the vids,

i just feel more comfortable asking first rather than just doing