[1.0.5] Kartographer v0.1.0.2 - Warp To control, Focus Select, Vessel Select, and Maneuver Editor

satnet

Kartographer is a collection of utilities to make the map view easier to use. Mostly this provides a point and click interface that is not as finicky as clicking on a point along an orbit.

Utilities

Warp To

Gives you precise control over the "Warp To" capability. You can warp to any point in the future. It will detect maneuvers and SOI transitions and add buttons to warp straight to them. This works in the map view, tracking station, and in flight. This is a great way to get to transfer windows or warp to a maneuver that needs more than 1 minute of lead time. This is particularly useful in the tracking station where you have no limit on timewarp, but don't have an easy way to warp to a specific point in time.

Vessel Select

Gives you a list of vessels ordered by proximity. You can target or switch to any vessel in the list. This includes flags, asteroids, and debris (the latter two are suppressed unless you want them). You can clear the current target of your vessel.

This utility also allows you to "Unleash the Kraken" on you current vessel. It will destroy a random part on your vessel until it is gone. This is a far more satisfying way of clearing debris than terminating it in the tracking station.

Focus Select

Change the map view focus with the click of a button. It will detect bodies on your current or planned trajectory and present those as a short list. You also have the ability to pick from any celestial body from a list.

Maneuver Editor

Gives you full control over your maneuver nodes. Precisely control the time and delta-V of your maneuvers. Store your maneuvers, try something else, and if it doesn't work restore the original set. It also includes a subset of the "Warp To" functionality to quickly warp to a maneuver (-1 min, -10 min, and -1 hr for varied TWRs). I created this when I had an orbit that refused to give me a selection point on the current orbit and it grew from there. I've tried other maneuver editors, but I kept coming back to this one for one reason or another (mostly the ability to create a new node when the orbit click method is finicky and time controls in human friendly scales).

Download

Kerbal Stuff

GitHub (Source)

License: https://github.com/KSatNet/Kartographer/blob/master/Kartographer/LICENSE.md

Change Log

v0.1.0.0 - Initial Version

v0.1.0.1 - Ap/Pe, Atmosphere Enter/Exit, AN/DN Node buttons. Assorted other fixes.

v0.1.0.2 - Support for blizzy's toolbar (optional) and changing themes. Compiled and tested for 1.0.5.

Edited by satnet
v0.1.0.2

A suggestion; Based on the screen shots it looks like you don't have manuver editor buttons for Apoapsis, Peri, Ascending nodes, Descending node.

Would you consider adding those? If its already in there somewhere, disregard -- I'm at work and haven't had a chance to check it out. But going to tonite.

Thanks for what looks to be a nice alternative to <brand x> :-)

Wow, definitely wasn't expecting to be featured. There goes my idea of a minor mod to get my feet wet. This is just half of my personal utility mod that I thought was ready to be split off and released into the world. I'm not even sure it is the better half.

@TJPrime - Yes, "Unleash the Kraken" is fun. I'm not saying I've launched ships just to use it on them, but I had to test it right? They were all unmanned, I promise. I've got some minor improvements in mind for it when I get around to another version.

@Kurtvw - I don't have the -apsis or asc/desc node buttons. They would be dead simple to add, but the interface is starting to cross the "too cluttered" threshold at least from my perspective. They were already on my short list if I can think of a clean way to add them.

@Kurtvw - I don't have the -apsis or asc/desc node buttons. They would be dead simple to add, but the interface is starting to cross the "too cluttered" threshold at least from my perspective. They were already on my short list if I can think of a clean way to add them.

If you could use drop down lists rather than seperate buttons for the time, orbit, M/ps selections, you'd free up gobs of UI space. Not being a C# guy though, I don't know if thats reasonable.

Gribbleshnibit8 said:
Guys you can stop asking about CKAN. If you'd bother to follow the link to KerbalStuff you'd see it's been flagged to be indexed, just give it time to be accepted. Won't kill you to manually download something.

Fair enough, but any idea how long it usually takes for a CKAN-flagged mod to actually be accepted and show up in CKAN? Because it still doesn’t seem to be there.

Edited by meyerweb
Cleaned up forum migration errors (Unicode and hyperlinking were both botched—sigh)

• 1 month later...

Got a small problem with this.

Version 0.1.0.1, installed via CKAN. I have lots of other mods also, let me know if you need more data.

See the picture. This was after clicking the "Settings" button in flight. The settings window is all messed up. It looked ok in the tracking station:

uT3njDi.png

Got a small problem with this.

Version 0.1.0.1, installed via CKAN. I have lots of other mods also, let me know if you need more data.

See the picture. This was after clicking the "Settings" button in flight. The settings window is all messed up. It looked ok in the tracking station:

http://i.imgur.com/uT3njDi.png

Interesting. I think I know what the problem is. I'll have an attempted fix in the next release. If you want I can send you a pre-release build with the attempted fix.

Interesting. I think I know what the problem is. I'll have an attempted fix in the next release. If you want I can send you a pre-release build with the attempted fix.

I'd appreciate it if you would send me the build. If it's just the dll, I can install that manually

Thanks

I'd appreciate it if you would send me the build. If it's just the dll, I can install that manually

Thanks

The dll is available below. It contains just the fix and a bump in the version reported (0.1.0.1b).

https://github.com/KSatNet/Kartographer/releases/download/v0.1.0.1b/Kartographer.dll

- - - Updated - - -

Any chance of getting this mod to use the unity interface instead of the KSP interface? Also blizzy's toolbar instead of the stock toolbar?

I'll look into adding support for blizzy's toolbar for the next release. The way I have it setup it should be pretty easy to change themes, so I'll look into adding the ability to change it to unity's theme as an option.

I haven't really come up with a lot of content to define a new release yet, so if anybody wants something now is a good time to suggest it.

I'll look into adding support for blizzy's toolbar for the next release. The way I have it setup it should be pretty easy to change themes, so I'll look into adding the ability to change it to unity's theme as an option.

Sweet, other mods like TransferWindowPlanner and KerbalAlarmClock have the functionality for the skin and toolbar options. Their source should show a good way to do it.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.