[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

I'm working on the next update for Icarus mod. I'm fixing the few issues I found and may add more content if I add enough time and no main issue.

Already fix in the next patch:

- fix antenna lag

- fix size of Truss x2 and x4

- small radial docks now are closed by default (just open them in VAB and load them with your probe)

Please, fill free to report all issues you encounter with Icarus.

Edited by Yogui87

I'm working on the next update for Icarus mod. I'm fixing the few issues I found and may add more content if I add enough time and no main issue.

Please, fill free to report all issues you encounter with Icarus.

The truss scaling issue was the only problem I've been having with 0.25. :)

However, I have a comment about the gravity ring... The four spokes leading from the hub out to the outer ring are intended for Kerbals to move through, correct? The problem is, they appear to be way too skinny to actually allow a Kerbonaut to use as a corridor. Even a snug one. To me, they should be at least double the size. Also, for my own personal part, I've scaled it up so that the hub is 3.75 meters in diameter. This makes the outer ring big enough in cross section that it looks like Kerbals could actually live and sleep inside. :)

So there you go. I just think you could take another look at the architecture of the part and beef it up a bit in certain areas so that it looks like the Kerbs could fit inside, that's all.

Nuff said. ;)

Still working on an update for Icarus: Solar Sail

/https://www./convkey/4e1d/91qp7atener404e3g.jpg https://www./convkey/7d8f/8sylhmu6w7nd9zw3g.jpg https://www./convkey/f1b8/nijl9ohbbma21c23g.jpg

Just tell me new parts you want me to add to Icarus mod.

Whoa that's huge. Is the solar sail involved with propulsion/electricity or just decorative?

Whoa that's huge. Is the solar sail involved with propulsion/electricity or just decorative?

Yes, it takes me a long time to fix it but it works now. The solar sail can be used as a secondary engine because of its very little thrust.

And yes, it's big, about 3 times the height of VAB.

Yogui can you finish the mobile base for the Icarus or need you help to make it ???

I'm not satisfied about the pods I made for the mobile base. May be I'll start over. Help? Why not, depend of what you can do.

Can you tell us: should we wait for Hermes Shuttle or it won't be released very soon?

Hermes shuttle is not plan before a longtime because need to think more about it. 3D model is almost done but I need to integrate it to the engine, that's the longest, hardest and boriest part.

How about a spherical command pod, 2001:Space Odyssey style? Also, some deployable heat radiators would be nice.

I think this could be an easy add to the Icarus mod.

Warp drive???

Why not if I find a good design and a good way to make it work.

Oh damn that solor sail looks amazing.

By the way you maybe have plans to make the Philae in the future?

Rosetta/Philae probe is planed. I had some issues and no time to finish it on time. So It would be done after the Icarus update.

Here a sample of my today's work: a lateral deployable docking port

z951x92cw68a0i93g.jpg 750lqq1yav9nzug3g.jpg 5dok25zgx12vql93g.jpg

Edited by Yogui87

Yogui87,

KSP Interstellar seems like it would be a great fit for the Icarus, as the ship is designed to be a grand tour capable mothership, and KSP Interstellar is IMO one of the best mods that I know of for making motherships that are actually worth using. (Worth using means "low part count, high delta-v, and high payload capacity, in order of importance.)

You would be able to use the code in KSP Interstellar to make all the parts work the way they're meant to work. It has solar sails that actually produce thrust, thrust from engines depends on reactor power, radiators are needed to keep reactors cool, etc.

One of the key advantages of KSP Interstellar is that you can make ships that are very useful but aren't actually made up of that many parts. The importance of this can not be overstated.

If a mothership lags the game before you add any landers or probes to it, it's not worth using because it's only going to lag more when fully loaded.

Basically, the thing I'm most worried about when I design any mothership is making it something I'll actually use, instead of something that just sits abandoned in orbit, and lag is reason number 1 for me to NOT use something.

I'd like to see some IVAs, as well as the standard command pod without the arms coming off the front, I'd also like part descriptions, if it's not too much to ask. Other than that keep up the good work.

Edited by Taki117

Salut!

Yea since I live in Canada there are French classes since French is one of the national languages along side with English and sometimes the French teachers don't teach enough French to survive in Quebec or France. Someday I'll visit Europe including France, Germany, and the U.K.

Anyways I think docking ports are good for Icarus so there could be orbital construction or what Dragon said, resupply missions with crew and possibly resources. Keep up the good work!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.