[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

AVG detects a Rogue Scanner during download

My uploads are 100% clean of virus, I'm scanning them each time before the release.

False positive. The download is clean.

Cheers!

Capt'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

Thank you for your fast reply Capt'n Skunky.

Your solar rover was the workhorse of my latest rescue mission.

It enabeled me to discover 5 square kilometer of Minmus high ground to find the right landing spot for my rescue ship.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=31351&stc=1&d=1345139414

A Link to a pdf with the whole story you will find here:

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/17224-Jeb-Bob-and-Bill-rescued-from-Minmus-%21%21?p=238493#post238493

All togheter i now have covered 150~200km with your rovers.

I learned a lot about there behavior and i suggest some minor changes.

This changes will result in adding some weight and centralising masses. This leads to a better cog and controllability in weak gravity. The rover has less tendency to leave ground.

i put up the mass of wheels to 0.9 and i halfed the masses of panels (from 10 to 5kg seems to be still realistic), camera, antennas ( a 10kg antenna(???) and cam/there isnt a big optic and the mast is like a tripod - 1kg for the omni and 5kg for the parabol should be ok as also 5kg(still to much i think) for the cam - the radio itself is in the body/wheel-part).

This changes will result in adding some weight and centralising masses. This leads to a better cog and controllability in weak gravity. The rover has less tendency to leave ground.

i put up the mass of wheels to 0.9 and i halfed the masses of panels (from 10 to 5kg seems to be still realistic), camera, antennas ( a 10kg antenna(???) and cam/there isnt a big optic and the mast is like a tripod - 1kg for the omni and 5kg for the parabol should be ok as also 5kg(still to much i think) for the cam - the radio itself is in the body/wheel-part).

I'll make these changes in the futher update, it was planed but never done. I'll downscale the whole rover too. I'm very impatient to come back from holydays and make this big update that everybody hopes.

Feel free to ask for changes or make suggestions.

When I try to use Orbital Operations with the Pods and MechJeb, the engine is on the top and therefore MechJeb does everything backwards. Is there a workaround for this???

it's a known issue due to MechJeb can't drive an engine on the top of the rocket. I'll try to fix this in the next update in early september. For now, you have to make manuals Mun transferts.

I have a question:

I downloaded everything and copied+paste it into the KSP folder and when I go to create one it says "This part type is not available in this version of KSP" or something to that effect. I have 0.16... Am I doing something wrong?

What do you mean by this? I copied everything from the zip into the directory so the folders merged. Do I need to do something different when working with plugins?

If you read the first post of this thread (again), you can answer that question yourself.

If you read the first post of this thread (again), you can answer that question yourself.

I did read it, and it says that the plugins come with the patch. I downloaded it and all the plugins are there. I'm also having the same problem with MechJeb stuff as well as some Mechanical Mouse Industry parts (they're all greyed out and I cannot use them).

This is what my plugin folder looks like right now: http://i.imgur.com/uqkBz.png

Make sure that all 3 dlls (cart.dll, MuMechLib.dll and PKSMultiJointObject.dll) are in the "Plugins" folder in KSP's root folder.

If that doesnt help, try copying your whole KSP folder to somewhere different from "C:\Program Files\", "C:\Games\" for instance.

From what I've read, problems with plugins can occur if KSP is installed into the program files folder.

When I try to use Orbital Operations with the Pods and MechJeb, the engine is on the top and therefore MechJeb does everything backwards. Is there a workaround for this???

Hello Nolam

Do you have the Nova Punch addon installed ?

The workaround is simple

take the rover and the skycrane.

Put the mechjeb on top of the skycrane and put a decoupler below the rover.

Then put the 3m aeroshell around the set and then build your rocket below.

When you reach 70km put the shell away and then make your way to mun or minmus.

The skycrane itself has plenty of fuel. Not only is it able to deorbit and land but it can also insert you into Mun or Minmus orbit. And if well planned it can also make the whole way from Kerbal Orbit to the surface of your target. That big Engine that Lionhead provides is something for future and much larger tragets like a real planet - for those small moons we have right now its some sort of overkill. :-)

Make sure that all 3 dlls (cart.dll, MuMechLib.dll and PKSMultiJointObject.dll) are in the "Plugins" folder in KSP's root folder.

If that doesnt help, try copying your whole KSP folder to somewhere different from "C:\Program Files\", "C:\Games\" for instance.

From what I've read, problems with plugins can occur if KSP is installed into the program files folder.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Moving it from Program files to a newly create C:\Games\ made it work perfectly! Thank you SO SO SO MUCH!

hello, as Crane Skycrane deploy??

Not yet, I'll try to make it in the next update, I've got few ideas.

I'm a bit confused, how do I add this to a launch vehicle? I can't seem to put anything beneath the capsules.

There's a node IN the heatshield mesh witch you can add the launcher.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.