[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

Here a video of one the latest test. Everything seems to work: 6 wheeled rover with a deployable NavCam equiped with a controlable firing laser, and a controlable mechanic arm.

Ok, now you are just showing off :) Thats so awesome!

Nice work - I love your models, if only they had a poly-bank and neat texturization they would have been my top personal favorite :/

And DLS making a forest fire from a laser seems like a case of ether wishful thinking, or excessive exaggeration (jest). How about toning it down a little?

You should maybe add bump map texture for the body of the rover. Would look a lot more neafty ;) a great program for bump maping is ndo2 : http://www.quixel.se/ (it's a plugin for photoshop)

Thanks, I'll look in to it. :)

Nice work - I love your models, if only they had a poly-bank and neat texturization they would have been my top personal favorite :/

And DLS making a forest fire from a laser seems like a case of ether wishful thinking, or excessive exaggeration (jest). How about toning it down a little?

What do you mean with poly-bank?

The laser is using Sunbeam Laser by Tosh, it's using the default setting. It will be toned down. :)

Uhm... It has wheels???

"

Polaris is specialized for drilling at the Moon's pole which is characterized by low glancing sun angles and operation near shadowed regions that can reach cryogenic temperatures. The rover is tall enough to deploy a 4ft drill and produce 250W of power with solar panels oriented toward the Sun, which stays just above above the horizon.

Polaris, 5 ½ feet (1.7m) tall, 7 feet (2.1m) wide and almost 8 feet (2.4m) long, can move at about a foot a second on 2-foot-diameter wheels. The rover weighs 150 kilograms, or about 330 pounds, and can accommodate a drill and science instruments of up to 70 kilograms, or a bit more than 150 pounds.

Computer vision determines the rover's position on the Moon with 10ft accuracy. Without GPS, Polaris will match surface pictures with satellite imagery taken by NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter to determine its location on the Moon.

The rover features wheels and chassis beams constructed of light, tough composite materials. The lighter structural materials minimize overall weight while accommodating the heavy drill and massive batteries required for this mission.

Astrobotic has won nine lunar contracts from NASA worth $3.6 million, including one to evaluate how Polaris can accommodate NASA's ice-prospecting instruments during a three-mile traverse near the Moon's north pole."

Edited by EnragedPlatypus

Any possibilities of making this at some point in the future?

May be it's quite interesting and easy to make.

Here some fresh news about the Prometheus rover skycrane:

New features are incoming soon, let's check the video.

I've got a lot of work to fix new stability issues.

• 5 months later...

I'm back after a long time without a forum access and a big backup. Here some fresh news about the major update for the MEM.

0ybb5y4eypk3bd84g.jpg New legs with a ladder

Docking test with the new command module

g1g687834w7asy14g.jpg WTF is that? It was supposed to be secret!!

Oh geez ! You've just won the...I don't know how to say that in english ^^ (appel d'offre in french, but I think you understand better this way :-D) for my second munar mission. My Command module was poorly design anyway.

I'm going to holidays for 2 weeks, so I give you a pic to make waiting easier:

x644648y1nq8wx04g.jpg

I'm working on a interstellar ship for a long time, and I dig it up last week.

Code name: Icarus.

No more for now ^^.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.