[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

Do you make a fresh install of Lionnhead mod or do you merge with an older one?

You better have to delete thor folder before pasting the new update.

This. If you still have an old version installed then you may get the right part in the VAB, but when you go to launch it will still reference the old part file if both the old and new parts have the same part name. It's something I've experienced whilst experimenting with certain parts

Just wondering, is this the same project icarus that wad started by the British interplanetary society?

The Icarus is basically a replica of the Pegasus from the British BBC 2-part television series Space Odyssey: Voyage to the Planets.

Pegasus%200.jpg

Edited by iDan122

The Icarus is basically a replica of the Pegasus from the British BBC 2-part television series Space Odyssey: Voyage to the Planets.

Pegasus%200.jpg

This. And the spacecraft is really cool and well thought through. You can watch the tv series on youtube: http://youtu.be/N68U3eYQ_Cg

Knowing Yogui's work and his skills this is going to be absolutely must-have mod :)

I had freely inspered from Pegasus from Space odyssey. Here a pic of the ship for now (I don't really like the command pod, but I'm laking of inspiration to make a new one):

x644648y1nq8wx04g.jpg

Any chance of Ariane 6 pics?

Here the Ariane 6 take off record by iDan122i during tests:

My guess would be that it is to make testing it easier. Rather than going backwards and forwards between the configs editing the thrust value, reloading and relaunching, if you allow throttling then you can set a thrust value, and throttle it back until you feel it reaches a suitable level of thrust. That's only a guess though, but as far as I'm aware, arianne 6 use just solids, and not hybrids

I have published a second video, it is now 15 minutes long.

EDIT: I rematches my video and noticed that there is an extra engine I have never seen.

Then I watched the ESA presentation of Ariane 6 and noticed it has a 3rd stage, stupid me.

Going to retest it today.

Edited by iDan122

It sounds scary when you say it like that. :)

SRB staged rockets are like that. Once fired, just keep your fingers crossed and wait. There's no room for improvisation/corrections, if something goes wrong your rocket turns in a firework, that's so kerbal.

Hopefully, Ariane 6 launches will be un-manned.

You reach space with stage 1 and 2 (SRB) and then circularize with stage 3 (liquid engine).

There is an problem with the "[0.21.x] DSL Pandora rover v1.3" !

When I load the "DSL Pandora Capsule":

When I load the "DSL Pandora Rover" :

I have found the parts in the game data folder but not in the game?!

The other parts exists also in the game like Pandora's Pod

Dude, we can't se your pics because they are on your PC and we ain't any hackers.

You need to upload them to the Internet where they will be stored and accessible to us.

Those can be imgur.com , Dropbox.com, Flickr.com etc.

Yes also you don't need to take screenies with Fraps, KSP always had an implemented screenshot taker.

Before attempting to post screens and taking screens the next day after starting KSP PLEASE FOR GODS SAKE READ THE WIKI and FORUM HELP!

Thank you,

-Dan

There is an problem with the "[0.21.x] DSL Pandora rover v1.3" !

When I load the "DSL Pandora Capsule":zkUK3LI.jpg

When I load the "DSL Pandora Rover" :3tCxI8e.jpg

I have found the parts in the game data folder but not in the game?!

The other parts exists also in the game like Pandora's Pod

I'm sorry for the fault in the last post!

Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.