[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

While we're at it, could you split off the small, curved "studs" on your liquid rocket stages (most notably Ariane 4)? Those are ullage motors, and I think that they should be provided as separate, functional parts.

When will be come 0.22 Update for ESA "European Historical Pack"? Thanks!

I haven't got much time last week to update this pack. I will try to do it this week, just have to add techtree node to the .cfg parts.

Looks great. However, when downloading from kerbalspaceport I get version 1.4, not 1.4.1.... Am I missing something?

Spaceport seems to be bugged for me, so I can't upload new updates. There is a mirror link for 1.4.1: http://www./?5mfbsuorlmu6bz2

had 1 occasion where the heat shield on Icarus randomly exploded. also I cant find the module the stores monopropellant.

Never have this issue with the heatshield during tests. Do you use "stock" Icarus or do you have build your own? There isn't any monopropellant tank for now. I'll probably had one in the next update.

have you figured out how to rescale pandora?

I haven't time yet but I need to find a little moment to do it.

Soooo... how are the droppods going? Is there any progress, or are you taking a break?

The project was in standbye for few weeks to give me time in order to finish ISS parts I was in charge. Poisk and Pirs anre done, Z1 truss almost. So I'll probably follow the developpement of the drop pods soon.

I've got less time since the release of BF4 (a clan and a website to manage), so the developpement might be a little slower.

have you figured out how to rescale pandora?

If you are determined to do this, I've successfully rescaled most of Pandora's parts (aeroshell, arm, mast/head and some others) to use with smaller probe landers and such (I was just messing about trying to build cool advanced Mars landers). If you like I can download Chimer's ULA pack and see if I can scale Pandora down to fit the Atlas V, then pass the results to Yogui for him to look at and possibly include?

Also, Yogui, I experimented with fitting Pandora with cameras using the Hullcam VDS cmera mod. Would you like me to look into doing more with that then let you look at the results? IIRC the only really buggy thing was the head cameras don't turn / tilt with the head.

Edited by MDBenson

The project was in standbye for few weeks to give me time in order to finish ISS parts I was in charge. Poisk and Pirs anre done, Z1 truss almost. So I'll probably follow the developpement of the drop pods soon.

This is great, those are pretty much the last parts we need. Also, what's the status of the Cupola? Still working on the IVA?

Sweet, been looking forward to this. Just noticed that you haven't put a Tech Required line in the part from Bobcat. Looking at his Soviet Pack it, he is using:

TechRequired = specializedControl

entryCost = 500

Nice work on all the awesome stuff you make. Cheers

Sweet, been looking forward to this. Just noticed that you haven't put a Tech Required line in the part from Bobcat. Looking at his Soviet Pack it, he is using:

TechRequired = specializedControl

entryCost = 500

Nice work on all the awesome stuff you make. Cheers

Updated thx.

I've just been playing around with the Icarus, and I have a few thoughts...

1) It's awesome! :)

2) It seems very laggy for me. When I load the Craft file Icarus that comes with the download, it seems very laggy. When I hand build one it is still laggy, but less so. As a benchmark, I can usually launch stock rockets up to 100 parts without lags bane kicking in. (I have an older system)

3)In about 50% of launches the ship becomes uncontrollable, I thought this might simply be a bug, but I looked at the mission report in game (f3) and found out that the Crew was killed, even though the launch went normally. I was experimenting with the Life Support mod, so it might just be that. I'll check around some more. Also, the small pictures of the crew, in the bottom right of the screen do not appear either... Don't know if those are separate issues.

Otherwise, its a very nice ship! Well done. Reminds me of the "Pegasus", from the BBC Grand Tour Documentary (can't remember the name).

Edited by UltraVires

I've just been playing around with the Icarus, and I have a few thoughts...

1) It's awesome! :)

2) It seems very laggy for me. When I load the Craft file Icarus that comes with the download, it seems very laggy. When I hand build one it is still laggy, but less so. As a benchmark, I can usually launch stock rockets up to 100 parts without lags bane kicking in. (I have an older system)

3)In about 50% of launches the ship becomes uncontrollable, I thought this might simply be a bug, but I looked at the mission report in game (f3) and found out that the Crew was killed, even though the launch went normally. I was experimenting with the Life Support mod, so it might just be that. I'll check around some more. Also, the small pictures of the crew, in the bottom right of the screen do not appear either... Don't know if those are separate issues.

Otherwise, its a very nice ship! Well done. Reminds me of the "Pegasus", from the BBC Grand Tour Documentary (can't remember the name).

1) Thanks.

2) About the lag, I don't really know what causes it, I'll have a look at it.

3) To launch the ship; just set throttle to 30% and take off vertically, don't make gravity turn before being out of the atmosphere. About the crew pictures, they don't appear because the command pod can contain 5 kerbals and KSP only shows pictures if there're 3 or 1 kerbals.

About the crew pictures, they don't appear because the command pod can contain 5 kerbals and KSP only shows pictures if there're 3 or 1 kerbals.

I think it shows even if there's more than 3 kerbals. I remember having 6 kerbonautes in Mir and still having their nice little green faces. It only shows the 3 first, but there's an arrow that let you "scroll" to the other members. Unless it has change, of course.

1) Thanks.

2) About the lag, I don't really know what causes it, I'll have a look at it.

3) To launch the ship; just set throttle to 30% and take off vertically, don't make gravity turn before being out of the atmosphere. About the crew pictures, they don't appear because the command pod can contain 5 kerbals and KSP only shows pictures if there're 3 or 1 kerbals.

The Launch goes pretty well Yogui, I'm actually surprised at how easy the Icarus is to get into space... When the crew lives... :P

I can confirm that the pictures of the Kerbals will show up even if you have more than 3 Kerbals in the Ship (as an example, Bobcats Orion Command Pod will hold 6 Kerbals, and the pictures always show up at every launch, you just have to scroll past the first 3 guys...

Maybe this is whats causing part of the lag? I know they redid how the command pod parameters work when they redid the SAS functions. I'll play around with the configs a little and see what I can come up with.

I'd really like to use this ship a lot! I've been trying to build a good interplanetary transfer vehicle with stock parts, and it just doesn't work that well. So I'm limited to sending one way missions... or return missions where only 20% of the ship comes back.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.