[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

heywaitaminnit...

There's no airbags anymore!?

There's no more nacelle since the 4.1 version is out, because I thought it was a little obsolete. But many of you ask me for the nacelle and the airbags, I'll work on an update to get them back.

I think that the airbags were more realistic for the MER-type rover, maybe you can make an MSL/Curiosity for us to skycrane?

I've got to finish the Battlecruiser (almost done) first, and I want to release a interstellar ship (90% modelised).

Making other rovers/probe are planed. I've got my ideas but yours are welcome too.

I've got to finish the Battlecruiser (almost done) first, and I want to release a interstellar ship (90% modelised).

Making other rovers/probe are planed. I've got my ideas but yours are welcome too.

I recommend you check out the Launchpad Obliterator - it removes the restriction you had with size of the Battlecruiser.

you gotta make sure the parts are not in a sub-folder of KSP\parts

What i mean is:

This won't work:

KSP_win\

[INDENT]parts\
[/INDENT]

[INDENT=2]rover parts\
[/INDENT]
[INDENT=3]roverwheels\
[/INDENT]
[INDENT=4]part.cfg
[/INDENT]
[INDENT=3] rovercapsule\[/INDENT]
[INDENT=4]part.cfg
[/INDENT]
[INDENT=3] rovershell\[/INDENT]
[INDENT=4]part.cfg
[/INDENT]
[INDENT=3] etc. etc.
[/INDENT]

But this will:

KSP_win\

[INDENT]parts\
[/INDENT]

[INDENT=2]roverwheels\

[INDENT]part.cfg
[/INDENT]

rovercapsule\

[INDENT]part.cfg
[/INDENT]

rovershell\

[INDENT]part.cfg
[/INDENT]

etc. etc.
[/INDENT]

Also, you NEED to have Tosh's cart.dll plugin placed like this:

KSP_win\Plugins\cart.dll

Hope that helps!

I noticed that on the Prometheus rover that the key command for unfolding the solar panels, camera and antenna is the "O" key and that the Cart plug-in also uses the "O" key for cruse control.

So every time I set the cruse control speed the rover folds up or down.

I noticed that on the Prometheus rover that the key command for unfolding the solar panels, camera and antenna is the "O" key and that the Cart plug-in also uses the "O" key for cruse control.

So every time I set the cruse control speed the rover folds up or down.

I'll make a patch to fix this tomorrow.

Amazing mod, it's obvious you put a lot of effort into it and it really did pay off :wink:. And, as a request, could you please make Romania's national flag?

Thank you. Romania flag added, enjoy.

Where are the airbag parts? they appear to be missing.

I remove them because I thought they were obsolete but many of you ask me so they(ll be back in a next update.

Would anyone help a fellow space traveller out? I searched the thread, but found very few answers. Using the solar rover, attached to various lifters, i get that problem where, as the rocket stages and decouples, the focus ends up being miles below the actual craft. Rocket still flies perfectly, everything else works fine, but i cant see anything but space, or a (very small) rocket if i zoom out enough. Anyone else having the same problems, or anyone have a workaround or a fix? This looks like a great mod to begin the exploration of our new solar system, but im having trouble getting out of the atmosphere, let alone land it on Duna.

Would anyone help a fellow space traveller out? I searched the thread, but found very few answers. Using the solar rover, attached to various lifters, i get that problem where, as the rocket stages and decouples, the focus ends up being miles below the actual craft. Rocket still flies perfectly, everything else works fine, but i cant see anything but space, or a (very small) rocket if i zoom out enough. Anyone else having the same problems, or anyone have a workaround or a fix? This looks like a great mod to begin the exploration of our new solar system, but im having trouble getting out of the atmosphere, let alone land it on Duna.

It's a MultiJoint plugin bug. It occures sometimes at very high speed.

I noticed this today, made flying my new legacy very weird. only did this within the atmosphere of kerbin on the ascent and fixed with going to the tracking facility and back again... then it happened again during my descent on eve, this however didnt cause me to crash as the land below me was actually water :S I should have read the 17.1 patch notes before I went

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.