[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

I'm going to holidays for 2 weeks, so I give you a pic to make waiting easier:

x644648y1nq8wx04g.jpg

I'm working on a interstellar ship for a long time, and I dig it up last week.

Code name: Icarus.

No more for now ^^.

Wow. I love it!

Edit- Which is the front and which is the back?

I like the design, especially radiation shield used as a heat shield :)

Before you leave, could you please tell us how big it is and/or how big the crew can be?

Take care!

How big? How big is the VAB? Touch the sky, touch the ground. I think it's about 30m long. I'm thinking about a 5 members crew.

Wow. I love it!

Edit- Which is the front and which is the back?

The front is one the left. The command pod is the part with the long antennas and engines are behind the heatshield. I'm not satisfied of the command pod so I think I'll remake it.

Is there a simple way to allow action groups to be utilized with your parachutes? I love the look of them and frequently use them as drogues, but I much prefer action groups to staging for parachute deployment.
Can't you add action group in the VAB? If not I'll check that.
I love that LM, but I think the decent stage's color should be a bit more gold in coloring, could just be my broken computer screen though...... :)

File:Apollo16LM.jpg

I think the textures need to be a little improve before a release.

About the Icarus, it'll be a modular ship so you can make your own design (best may be added as "official" ships). The ship can carry probes and landers.

Saw your ship and decided to challenge you:

JEQsRCm.png?1

Can carry in it's current configuration up to 14 kerbals with artificial gravity,about 86% of it is stock so making it stock probably won't be an issue. The only issue is lag since it has many parts so if someone wants to take up this project pm me, my PC can't handle it right now, will get a new one in a month

Even if I don't like this kind of ship, it's a nice one. But I can't wait for MEM and his Command Module :-D Watched the video again (and your tutorials, I've learn a lot of thing thanks :) )and it's amazing ^^

No, I haven't been able to. Clicking on the chute just displays the part name; no actions available.

cheers.

The chute is an old one, I have to update it with the new module. I'll do it next week. If I forgot, remember me.

I really enjoy the quality of your mods, thank you. Unfortunately, I feel like I am cheating when using them. For instance, the Prometheus rover runs infinitely without the loss of power. I can add resource drain to the cfg but as you know, proper recharging via the solar panels needs to be done on the model level. Any plans to add this functionality?

Nice interstellar ship, I'm looking forward to the MEM update :)

Yogui87:

StanNL_97 here, my account got messed up because of the forum issues so I made a new and proper account. You can contact me through here again.

Thanks, I recognized your nickname. Be sure you will be one of the first informed when new stuff will be release. I'm a gret fan of your handsome videos.

I really enjoy the quality of your mods, thank you. Unfortunately, I feel like I am cheating when using them. For instance, the Prometheus rover runs infinitely without the loss of power. I can add resource drain to the cfg but as you know, proper recharging via the solar panels needs to be done on the model level. Any plans to add this functionality?

There are clearly released for .18.4, just wait a bit for Yogui to update them. He has a lot of work.

The rover is powered by CleverBobcat plugin than can't permiet energy drain. I have to update it with the stock RoverModule, but I'm little short in informations about this module yet.

Don't feel like you're cheating because real rovers don't fall out of energy so easily.

Many of you asked me to update the circular solar panel.

Now it's done: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/0-18-2-circular-solar-panel-2/

The solar panels now produce electricity and follow the sun.

Wow, thanks! I've been waiting for these a long time.

I'm going to try and recreate the Constellation program mission :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.