[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

Awesome. :) Will soon download and test. Are you going to update the ISS parts now? I'd be really glad to have them working again, and those new ones (Z1, Pirs, Cupola) released.

I'll polish them for a release.

You've done some great work Yogui! I'm always amazed at all the people who can model real spacecraft, and cannot wait for Cassini-Huygens!

I was wondering if anyone has had any success with config changes to Hermes or Valkyrie to scale them correctly for RSS? I tried a bit myself, but I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. Help please? Thanks!

You've done some great work Yogui! I'm always amazed at all the people who can model real spacecraft, and cannot wait for Cassini-Huygens!

I was wondering if anyone has had any success with config changes to Hermes or Valkyrie to scale them correctly for RSS? I tried a bit myself, but I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. Help please? Thanks!

They're to scale with FASA, so if you scale them up by the same factor, you should be OK. Note, we have no LV for them, because both of them launched on a Titan IIIE (FASA has no Centaur yet).

Yogui, will you be making configs for your mods to work with Real Solar System?

No I'll not, but if someone does it, I'll post this "add-on" to the official thread.

Edited by Yogui87

After you polish up ISS parts, how about expanding the ESA pack a bit?

Diamant B: http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/diamantb.htm

Diamant BP.4: http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/diantbp4.htm

Europa II: http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/europaii.htm

Ariane I: http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/ariane1.htm

Also, just adding shorter PAP boosters would enable making Ariane III.

I thought about adding other Ariane rockets (not to much work to do), but I'm not sure about other rockets because they're not very significative in european space program. May be if I haven't no more idea for new mods^^.

Yogui will you be updating the Pandora rover at all would it be possible to go with a camera instead of a laser in the head of it

I'm working on it. I don't want to use anymore MuMechJeb or RomFarer laser plugins. In the next update mast and robotic arm will be just animated.

1. The head'll not be manually turnable (not very usefull in fact). A Navcam will be added, an the laser system will be changed into an animated laser (with science).

2. The mast will be raise by an animation, no more struggle rotatrons.

3. The robotic arm will be unfold to an idle position by an animation. No more struggle rotatrons. The robotic will not be controlable anymore.

4. I'm learning how to use WheelModule in order to convert the rover to stock wheels.

Tell me what do you think about this upcoming update.

Maybe make the robotic arm unfold, then add another animation of it grabbing stuff from the ground to do science. Also, could you make the head tilt down before lighting up the laser? Just a few suggestions on animating things.

Also, Europa II would only require a Mage kick motor.

Edited by Guest

Love the landers and probes update, I only have one problem, the engine on the orbiter for Valkyrie are active at launch, same for the polar explorer I have to zoom in and fight the angle to be able to right click and shut them down so i can launch. Is there a way for me to fix this?

Love the landers and probes update, I only have one problem, the engine on the orbiter for Valkyrie are active at launch, same for the polar explorer I have to zoom in and fight the angle to be able to right click and shut them down so i can launch. Is there a way for me to fix this?

You seem to have issue with the staging sequence or may be a plugin conflict.

Are you using plugins? Can you post a screenshot of your staging sequence (for example a pic of the rocket on the launchpad).

You seem to have issue with the staging sequence or may be a plugin conflict.

Are you using plugins? Can you post a screenshot of your staging sequence (for example a pic of the rocket on the launchpad).

These where both started using the .craft files, the only things I added was the sas and the fuel and skipper.

Thor showing engine active

screenshot0_zps9a99ee2d.png

and throttled up

screenshot1_zps8309081f.png

Valkyrie

screenshot2_zps192be555.png

and throttled up

screenshot3_zps0e9bd720.png

Active Mods.

Toolbar

Chatterer

FASA

KAS

Kethane

KW Rocketry

MagicSmoke

Interstellar

Mechjeb

Targetron

Enhancednavball

SCANsat

Lionhead_Aerospace_Inc.

Edited by Woodstar

Yogui, did you change anything in the Thor probe? It's landing legs module exhibits animation lag you got rid of from Hermes and Valkyrie... It didn't do that in the last version before the pack.

Also, I've found that both Thor and Valkyrie parachutes are gray instead of white in this update. Could you fix it? I'm pretty sure it's not intended.

Finally, I'd like to suggest making Valkyrie Orbiter a command pod on it's own. It was like this IRL, too, the Viking orbiters continued to function as comm relays and satellites.

Yogui, did you change anything in the Thor probe? It's landing legs module exhibits animation lag you got rid of from Hermes and Valkyrie... It didn't do that in the last version before the pack.

Also, I've found that both Thor and Valkyrie parachutes are gray instead of white in this update. Could you fix it? I'm pretty sure it's not intended.

Finally, I'd like to suggest making Valkyrie Orbiter a command pod on it's own. It was like this IRL, too, the Viking orbiters continued to function as comm relays and satellites.

Thanks for pointing me little bugs. Specially for lags because I didn't see them with my computer (I'm working with FRAPS anymore to see framerate drops).

About Thor leg, I changed a little the collider, in order not to go through the surface when landing. Occured sometimes. I'll have a look to that.

About the parachute, it may be a cfg not updated to 0.23. Parts are grey when they're outdated.

About orbiter, you're right. I thought I've done it. I started this new cycle of update from my last release version, I lost all updates I've done and not released these last monthes. For example, I've lost all cfg files for ISS parts I was making. So I need I little more time to rebuilt everything.

About rovers, I need to learn how everything works. Because we only got a dev pic to work on, I ask Bobcat help. So I can't give a date for a release but rovers can run under 0.23, you just need to update plugins.

Now going back to work. ISS parts to finish, few probes/landers bugs to fix and Icarus lag to solve. This is my week-end schedule^^.

About orbiter, you're right. I thought I've done it. I started this new cycle of update from my last release version, I lost all updates I've done and not released these last monthes. For example, I've lost all cfg files for ISS parts I was making. So I need I little more time to rebuilt everything.

I can help you out with configs, I'm good with those. Just send me the model and textures, plus some basic info (node coordinates, functionality you want to have, transform and animation names), and I'll write you up a config. Internals are a bit more complicated, but they're almost 100% coordinates.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.