[0.25] Lionhead Aerospace Inc. - Icarus v0.4 updated

Yogui87

I have noticed a problem with the Valkyrie Lander and Orbiter in 32-bit KSP 24.2.

The problem is with the deploy-able modules on each unit. With the Orbiter, the solar panels only stay deployed as long as the vessel is active. If you switch to another ship or back to the space center to do anything else, once you switch back to the Valkyrie Orbiter the solar panels are in the original un-deployed position.

The same problem occurs with the lander regards the landing legs. If you deploy the legs, they only stay deployed as long as the vessel is active. Switch to do anything else and when you come back the legs will be retracted again. What is odd is that the communications dish remains deployed, however. Though that is a separate module of the lander.

I haven't tested all of your probes and rover to see if this bug is present in the entire pack, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Last, I would just like to say thank you for all your work on the models used in this mod, as they really are quite excellent. One of the only high quality, fairly realistic set of landers I could find online. I much prefer the style seen here to the wonky and unrealistic 'stock' style that everyone seems to love so much. So, if you find the time to look into these bugs and update your mod I would be very grateful.

P.S. Integrating the ability for true servo articulation of the lander and rover accessories through the use of Infernal Robotics would be an added bonus.

I have noticed a problem with the Valkyrie Lander and Orbiter in 32-bit KSP 24.2.

The problem is with the deploy-able modules on each unit. With the Orbiter, the solar panels only stay deployed as long as the vessel is active. If you switch to another ship or back to the space center to do anything else, once you switch back to the Valkyrie Orbiter the solar panels are in the original un-deployed position.

The same problem occurs with the lander regards the landing legs. If you deploy the legs, they only stay deployed as long as the vessel is active. Switch to do anything else and when you come back the legs will be retracted again. What is odd is that the communications dish remains deployed, however. Though that is a separate module of the lander.

I haven't tested all of your probes and rover to see if this bug is present in the entire pack, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Last, I would just like to say thank you for all your work on the models used in this mod, as they really are quite excellent. One of the only high quality, fairly realistic set of landers I could find online. I much prefer the style seen here to the wonky and unrealistic 'stock' style that everyone seems to love so much. So, if you find the time to look into these bugs and update your mod I would be very grateful.

P.S. Integrating the ability for true servo articulation of the lander and rover accessories through the use of Infernal Robotics would be an added bonus.

I know this bug for a long date but I don't know how to solve it. Sero articulations were used with Pandora in the first versions. I abandonned this feature because it wasn't very playable, it was very painfull to move the robotic arm. I choose using a simple animation instead of a realistic and hard way.

Also, is there some secret to getting the Icarus/Odyssey to appear in the tech tree and VAB? The whole ship shows up in the VAB, but is locked, saying it's using locked or available parts. Yet the parts don't appear in the tech tree.

When you add new parts to the nodes you have already unlocked in the tech tree, you need to unlock these parts manually. I think it's your issue.

• 2 weeks later...
And if anyone is getting a Nul Errors with Thor legs and ValkyrieLegs here is a some what patch you have to set a action group to use leg button https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72893034/LH_LEG_PATCH.cfg.zip

EDIT- @therealcrow999 sent you a PM

Yeah that one uses the blue texture from 2.0, but in 3.1 it will mess use the panels that come in the boxes. The old textures will delete that box texture and make it look like crap. It works fine for the panels that don't come in the box.

The whole blue texture needs redone to conform with the new layout of 3.1. I'm sure someone out there is good at Paintshop or Gimp and can redo the panels to blue in like 2 mins. I can try but it will take me forever.

Edited by therealcrow999

I made an update to Circular solar panel, I add a new alternative blue texture for each solar panels. You just have to copy and paste the texture from the new texture folder to the solar panel folder.

https://www./convkey/54cf/255fi85f997155d3g.jpg

Download LH_CircularSolarPanel_v4.0 mirror

Thanks for the update with the blues and the quick response.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a few Troubles with the Pandora Rover. When i try to load the precrafted .craft File the Parts are not attached to each other. The same thing happens when i build the Rover on my own and save it as Craft and/or as subassambly. But the most frustrating thing is that i can launch it into Space, but when i switch to the the Monitoring Station and switch back the the Rover the game crashes. Any suggestions how to fix it?

Do the circular solar panels still work on .25?

I know this sounds crazy but you could...check it yourself! *gasp!*

Seriously sick of seeing these posts in every mod thread, you can spend 2 seconds loading it into your game to see if it works yourself. I'm also going to go out on a limb here and say that because it's just a part part 99% chances are it still works fine.

• 2 weeks later...

The parts do work, however, there's an issue with textures. They're all .tga, thus subject to massive loader bugs KSP exhibits.

Yogui, could you convert all maps you use to MBM? That would axe the memory usage and avoid bugs associated with other texture formats.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.