Kerbals In An Alternate Universe?

dudefinal

No such luck: Even an infinite number of different universes would not guarantee the existence of any particular conceivable universe.

Similar to how irrational numbers don't have to contain any particular string of digits, (0.101001000100001... is irrational but it doesn't even have a single '2').

No such luck: Even an infinite number of different universes would not guarantee the existence of any particular conceivable universe.

Similar to how irrational numbers don't have to contain any particular string of digits, (0.101001000100001... is irrational but it doesn't even have a single '2').

But if it's infinite, it has to have every possibility. Sure, the irrational number doesn't have 2 within a reasonable amount of time. But if it truly goes on forever, it has to have a 2

IMO, the irrational number example would be more appropriate in a "infinite universe" theory. Here we are talking about infinite number of universes (finite or not).

So technically, yes a universe with kerbals is possible. And I'll add that, if those universes have different laws of physics, then an exact copy of the game (with physics, patched conics, and all the conventional-physics-breaking stuff KSP contains...) can exist. :D

So technically, yes a universe with kerbals is possible. And I'll add that, if those universes have different laws of physics, then an exact copy of the game (with physics, patched conics, and all the conventional-physics-breaking stuff KSP contains...) can exist. :D

Screw Mars, we know where to go XD :D

IMO, the irrational number example would be more appropriate in a "infinite universe" theory. Here we are talking about infinite number of universes (finite or not).

They've already broken into our universe.

Think twice before eating salt again.

But if it's infinite, it has to have every possibility. Sure, the irrational number doesn't have 2 within a reasonable amount of time. But if it truly goes on forever, it has to have a 2

No it doesn't. The number I described there only ever has the digits 0 and 1.

Look at how the number is constructed: A 1 followed by a number of 0s that increase by one each time. This number will never repeat, (making it irrational), and it does it only using those two digits.

Here's another example of an infinite set of numbers that does not contain all numbers:

{0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 40, 42...}

Possible is different from guaranteed. I was only speaking as to a KSP universe being certain given infinite parallel universes, not to it simply being possible.

Kerbal Solar system cannot exist as it is in the game in n-body physics system. Some of Jool's moons would get ejected.

Also, I'm not sure how kerbal planets, which are a LOT denser than real life ones (Kerbin has density around 70g/cm^3 AFAIK) can naturally be formed.

Even if it existed, and life would emerge on Kerbin, it is very unlikely that it would evolve into kerbal-style humanoids. Kerbals have very small legs and running ability (which is essential for evolutionary stable lifeform) would be somewhat lower. Also, kerbals' big heads would be their disadvantage too, as they need a very strong neck and legs to hold up.

So, Kerbal universe as we know it and love, probably could't exist in any of infinite parallel universes. Even infinite combinations are not infinite, when you account for natural laws and physics.

Edited by Thomassino

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.