Game crashes a lot!

Unity Player [version: Unity 4.6.4f1_99f88340878d]

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module mono.dll at 0023:1011940a.

Error occurred at 2015-09-14_000556.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe, run by phoda.
72% memory in use.
0 MB physical memory [2274 MB free].
0 MB paging file [0 MB free].
0 MB user address space [147 MB free].
Write to location 01000000 caused an access violation.

Context:
EDI: 0x00800000 ESI: 0xcbc6ada8 EAX: 0x00020000
EBX: 0xcc71fd50 ECX: 0x01000000 EDX: 0x00000000
EIP: 0x1011940a EBP: 0x003ae288 SegCs: 0x00000023
EFlags: 0x00010206 ESP: 0x003ae264 SegSs: 0x0000002b

Bytes at CS:EIP:
66 0f 7f 01 66 0f 7f 41 10 66 0f 7f 41 20 66 0f

so this error crash i get a lot lately. I dont know to read this well but my guess is Remote Tech.

Currently i have 20 Communication sattelites for kerbin system only and 2 for eve, and have even more vessels because of space station and telescope for Research Bodies.

So what is problem with this crash. Does so many vessels in space mean much as they are processed only as orbiting body not active vessels?

Thanks

72% memory in use.

0 MB physical memory [2274 MB free].

0 MB paging file [0 MB free].

0 MB user address space [147 MB free].

Write to location 01000000 caused an access violation.

KSP is running out of memory it can use *Around 3.35-3.7Gb on 32bit*

KSP is running out of memory it can use *Around 3.35-3.7Gb on 32bit*

so yeah does so many ships in orbit take lot of memory or? will removing remote tech bring me back more memory or should i reduce textures to half res.

I have active texture managment but I dont know if it's working. Yes i use KSP 32 bit as 64 have problems as far as i know

EDIT: I checked now and what does gog ksp launcher do? i cant seem to find ksp_x64 i have just ksp not launcher with different version. i run ksp launcher and there are settings and saw my 64 bit checkmark is on. did i run game in 64 all the time? how did i run out of memory in that case because i have 8gb of ram and by resource monitor working set is about 2.7gb.

iam really confused now

Edited by phoda

Vessels are not simulated unless closer than 2.2-2.5 km (2.2 is physics load range, 2.5 unload range, AFAIK) while in space. This means that they are just points on on-rails orbits, described by a few simple calculations, so they take close to 0 memory. You can have thousands of ships in orbit (maybe not thousands, but at least way more than 20) and still be fine.

A list of your mods would be useful here, and I don't think RT is one of the most memory-consuming mods out there, so the memory issue is probably not from there.

You can try to change textures to half-res, it might help.

If it doesn't work, you can try removing mods, using aggressive release of ATM; and you can also run KSP on OpenGL or DirectX.

I have 34 mods. Bigger ones like ones that add parts and textures are: Universal storage, kolonization by umbra, TAC LS, Remote tech, research bodies, modular rocket systems, scansat, final frontier, mech jeb, kct, kis, kas, dmagic orbital science, asteroid day and of course Squad.

i hope this helps. Using ksp stock launcher (not gog shourtcuut) iam at 3.5 gb for ksp in 64 bit and only small bug for few ui black textures and some are blurry, also how can i know which version iam runing 64 or 32

I've found universal storage to be a massive memory hog.

And do list other mods as well, for example scatterer caused me a lot of problems. I removed it and KSP was far less crashy (and that includes the latest version of scatterer).

Environmental mods like EVE will use a lot of RAM as well.

I dont use visual enchanchent mods, i used astronomer but thoese z problems are too annoying, no use of scatterer but universal stotage is so good :/

Iam starting from ksp launcher now the 64 version and iam reaching about 4gb of memory and no crashing so, how can i know which version iam currently running

If you're reaching 4GB memory and not crashing then you're definitely running 64bit, because it is not physically (or informatically or whatever) possible to get over ~3.7 GB in 32bit.

You'd know if you were running KSP 64bit before, because it is highly unstable on Windows, so you'd have had a lot more issues/crashes that on 32bit, and not memory-related.

If you're reaching 4GB memory and not crashing then you're definitely running 64bit, because it is not physically (or informatically or whatever) possible to get over ~3.7 GB in 32bit.

You'd know if you were running KSP 64bit before, because it is highly unstable on Windows, so you'd have had a lot more issues/crashes that on 32bit, and not memory-related.

okay, this time i was sure i run from launcher with 64 bit option selected and this crash happened again with ram problem. i was about 4gb ram, what is this problem again?

i decided to try with force open gl and it works really well, shockingly i gained less than 1gb of ram (at start now is 1.8 and before was about 2.6) and didnt notice fps drop as said (well not visible one) and if needed i heard dx11 gives even bettere performance at some black texture glitches which are better than crashing.

thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.