How do I mass-move Kerbals?

OK, I have a huge space station that is a little choppy to access hatches to move Kerbals from location to location. Is their either a built in method for moving multiple Kerbals, or a mod that does it?

I have 84 Passenger Modules and 24 Mobile processing labs to round up my Kerbals from:

Starbase%20Kerbal%20One_zpsergn1u3n.png

Glad I have a really fast computer (i7 4720HQ) and GeForce GTX 950m graphics card. This is slow by my standards to move and access. Hate to see it on a slower computer.

Edited by Wild Cobra

Holy ...., that's impressive. I thought mine was big at 1,000 tonnes...

No solution, though. I'd advise just taking your time; it's all you can really do. My advice for future use is to load Kerbals up in advance.

LOL...

1,461 parts and 6,590.6 tons.

It was hard moving it around in the confined space to build, then it kept breaking on the launch pad. Had to launch it from the runway, and I still engines hanging off the slope and breaking off. I then edited the engine file and increased it's breaking force to keep then from falling off at the runway.

I still had to cheat more with infinite fuel. I tested the design in smaller sections, but I didn't account for something right. My fuel consumption was either to fast by miscalculation, or because of the frame lagging I had. It was as if my fuel was being consumed at normal rate, but I only had about a 1/4 frame/lift rate of less because it was too much work for the CPU and graphics card.

I think it's a program issue for the fuel rate and lift rate not to be in sync under such conditions, but maybe I miscalculated.

Monster_zpsesjhgbng.png

- - - Updated - - -

Why... just.. why?!?! :confused:

Because the idea was there...

There is a mod that allows you to move Kerbals around without having to click on crew hatches, but I can't remember what it's called. I'm sure someone will be along soon with a name.
OK, I have a huge space station that is a little choppy to access hatches to move Kerbals from location to location. Is their either a built in method for moving multiple Kerbals, or a mod that does it?

Ship Manifest will let you do this. But you still have to move each Kerbal individually, you just won't have to click on their respective hatches...

Or Crew Manifest

I think you forgot the batteries... Bring it down.

If you spin this one at less than 2 rpm, guys on the outer ring will have gravity! Some 0.2 of kerbin but still.

Great job.

Edit: calculated, around 0.1g at 2 rpm...

http://i.imgur.com/AuVZn98.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/http://imgur.com/AuVZn98

Actually, I took the Docking port Sr. and used a 1.5 rescale to make it fit the size 3 (3.75 meter) parts. They sits on top of a GingerCorp HubMax Multi-Point Connector, eight point. When rescaled to a size 3, they are 8.25 meters end to end, or 4.125 meters for the radial connect from center. The two end to end MK3 Passenger Modules are 3.75 meters in length each, for 7.5 meters. Going out from the station center to the outer column center, is 31.5 meters.

Since I used no docking ports to attach the station parts, if it weren't for the fuel tanks and engines on the bottom, I think the station would hold a 1 G rotation. No sweat.

For anyone interested, I think these GingerCorp connectors are great. They have a bug in the node stacks though. There is one nonfunctional side on the one with three radial connects, and one or two nonfunctional sides for the one with six. Both have top and bottom nodes are flawed too.

For example:

Original:

node_stack_top = 0, 1.375, 0, 0, -1, 0, 1

node_stack_bottom = 0,-1.375, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1

Changed to:

node_stack_top = 0, 1.375, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1

node_stack_bottom = 0,-1.375, 0, 0, -1, 0, 1

I forget which of the sides were wrong, but the second and fifth values need to both be positive, or both be negative. Attached parts attach inside, rather than outside, unless you stack two flawed parts together.

- - - Updated - - -

You're inspiring me to create a new challenge: Most Kerbs killed in a single catastrophe.

EDIT: Actually that would be a pointless challenge. Just crash your ship and I'll make you a crappy sig badge that says you won.

LOL...

With 84 passenger Modules, and 24 Mobile Processing labs... They will hold 1392 Kerbals!

If I refuel the tanks, I can send it to a different planet, mum, etc. I still have enough fuel left to retrograde out of orbit... and crash... I have over 300 Kerbals on board, and want to take some off, replace them with level 4 Kerbals, hence this thread. Holding just over 1,000 more than I have, means I have to do compartment searches for them.

The C7 adapter holds 360/440 fuel/oxidizer. I scaled it up x3 for 27 times the fuel, 9720/11880, and have 19 of them. They are size 3 to size 6. I scaled the TVR-400L by 3 also, and added the appropriate amount of resources fuel and oxidizer for their volume. They hold 8640/10560 fuel/oxidizer. Now we have 19 x 4 Mammoths attached. Probably could have done OK with 38 instead of 76, and dropped some mass. My throttle was way down.

- - - Updated - - -

Ship Manifest will let you do this. But you still have to move each Kerbal individually, you just won't have to click on their respective hatches...

Or Crew Manifest

Thank-You.

I'll look into them when I have more time.

- - - Updated - - -

"A little choppy"

Understatement of the century.

My fast computer did OK with it, though I really could have used a faster one yet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.