How far have you gone in Kerbal Space Program?

Columbia

As KSP is a sandbox game, our preferences differ whether we prioritize exploring and colonizing other planets, build space stations or build atmospheric aircraft, or even as far as setting a base in the North Pole! (And yes, old versions count)

Perhaps the farthest I've gone interplanetarily was Laythe, but I still consider my Space Station attempt my biggest feat, with the Science modules and such. Unfortunately, the dawn of 1.0.4 broke the save :(

What about you guys?

Never came past Eve unmanned or Duna manned. I've launched four interplanetary ore survey probes in 1.0.4 into LKO and set them nodes for Moho, Eve, Duna and Jool transfer (both to know when it will be and to survey possible base positions) only to find the save broken next day.

For quite some time the only feat I hadn't achieved was a manned flight to Eve and safe return to Kerbin. I finally ticked that one some months ago, and still consider it to be one of the more difficult tasks you can go for in KSP.

Been to all the bodies, returned from most(Eve being the only exception... and Jool, but that "landing" was unintentional). Landed on and returned from most of the Outer Planets mod bodies. Landed on and returned from some of the New Horizons bodies. I go through periods where I'm interested in landing somewhere new, quickly followed by periods of realizing that a desolate rock is a desolate rock, no matter how far away it is or what color it is. Then I tool around the Mun for awhile.

Still haven't returned from the surface of Eve. Still not interested in trying.

Back in 0.25 I landed a Kerbal on Eve and returned him back home. The landing was near the sea (not on top of a mountain) and I didn't use a spaceplane. I used a rocket. Mods used: Ferram Aerospace and DeadlyReentry

My best:

Manned to Duna.

Successful unmanned to Jool.

Current carer save has a crew visiting Duna & Ike at the moment (Actually done with Duna, refuelling around Ike at the moment), Landers & Rovers on Eve and Gilly, and probes on their way to Moho, Dres, Jool + moons and Eeloo, and I still have 9 million funds in the bank. Only just starting to get to grips with transfer windows for other planets tho.

In a career save the furthest I ever got was a 4 Kerbal lander on Duna and returned to Kerbin. Eve probe lander.

In a sandbox save my greatest achievement is Laythe Single Stage with Rover and Jet as noted in my Signature.

My current career I've landed on everything except Eeloo and Tylo, put stations around Eve, Duna, Kerbin, and Jool, plus all their moons, and bases on the Mun, Minmus, Duna and Ike...

But I stopped... I'm gonna re-start a new career as soon as 1.1 comes out.

Landed and returned Kerbals from everywhere possible without mods. Only Eve once though because it was a pain and the framerate was unbearable. Had a massive Laythe colony a few saves back with 2 SSTOs, a lit runway, several rovers, 3 buildings, and a 15 story tall observation tower.

Intercepting an interstellar asteroid (custom asteroids config) which was going at 5km/s away from the sun twice the distance from Eeloo's orbit. I made a super fast plasma-powered spacecraft (KSP Interstellar) which had 84km/s dV and rendezvous in just 180 kerbal days.

Edited by Thomassino

Gilly Circumnavigation is my personal favourite thing to do. As for biggest thing I've done, my refuelling station I would say, as I challenged myself to make a Vegeta station, Vegeta being the guy that decided it to be 'over 9000!'. As you can guess, that entailed making a station with either over 9000 parts or units of fuel. I tried both, you can guess which one failed...

I currently have a ship with 24 kerbals returning from a Duna/Ike training mission(3 are rescues and 2 are in a Mk2 passenger module retrieved from around Duna), I also have an ISRU vessel ready to launch from Moho as it has now visited 8 of the biomes there(it has also visited Duna/Ike and Gilly since it's launch).

I also have a freshly refueled ship ready to launch from Minmus that is intended to visit every moon and planet(with a surface) that is outside the orbit of Kerbin(Duna and Ike are mostly for a couple rescues that make the craft profitable).

I'll need to run simulations to make sure it can get back to Lathe orbit, but everywhere else should be pretty manageable.

(Before I added the discarded solid boosters, it could get into space on Kerbin but not achieve orbit before re-entering the atmosphere)

Ive got as far as landing probes on all bodies (those with a surface anyway), and have planted flags and returned from most anomalies, not done Tylo (they aren't currently visible anyway) or the Moholes yet. A big thanks to Malfunction Mike for his 'spoiler' thread for the coordinates, I wouldn't have found them otherwise.

Making a working space shuttle that did useful work (launch a small satellite and/or transport a bunch of Kerbals to a station) was my last big project. I've also put lander probes on every body with gravity in the solar system (even Jool, though that was more like swimming/floating/crushing as opposed to landing and Gilly, which was more like docking than landing).

I guess my next shebang would be more manned missions - I've done Duna (included a lander) and in much older files Jool (but no lander with that one - they were just along for the ride), to one-up that I'd need to send Kerbals to Gilly or Dres or something.

Landed and returned Kerbals from everywhere except Eve (landed but not returned), but technically the furthest I've gone was far enough out of the system at some number of Gigameters where the kraken would eat my ship if I tried to take control of it.

Pre 1.0, landed and returned from every stock planet and moon except the Jool system and Eve. Responsible for killing the crew in Jool's atmosphere and stranding a crew forever on Eve. I gave up on the Jool system because of Laythe. Not sure what the problem was but pretty sure I had no clue about TWR back then. My pre 1.0 ships were single launch craft mostly the size of a small city. Future plans are to build refuel stations on moons and downsize my interplanetary craft.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.