How far have you gone in Kerbal Space Program?

Columbia

So far I have only put manned land-and-return missions on the Mun, Minmus, and Duna (with a low Ike flyby as a gravity brake). The Duna mission was supposed to also land on Ike, but due to a staging issue during Duna ascent and a tight dV budget, I had only barely enough fuel to reach Ike, land, and make it home, so I erred on the side of caution and skipped the Ike landing. I've also got a pair of poor schmucks out in orbit around Pol aboard a space station; their space programs abandoned them in dangerously low orbits and hired me to go get them. I've got a Jool-5 capable ship that will be heading out to get a crazy amount of science (aka money, thanks Administration) from Tylo and Vall, which will also shuffle some crew around to get my mining operation on Pol going, with the intent of establishing a Laythe colony.

A list of where I've been so far:

Moho - Unmanned only (Landed, did suborbital hops, and deployed a cubesat in orbit for science contracts)

Eve - Unmanned only (Landed, deployed a rover, put a cubesat in orbit)

Gilly - Unmanned only (Landed, did lots of suborbital hops; gravity/seismic scan contracts on Gilly are easy money)

Mun - Been there and back lots of times, both manned and unmanned.

Minmus - I do a LOT of work here, lots of crew going back and forth from Kerbin orbit and Minmus.

Duna - Manned and unmanned (Manned landing and return, also put down an unmanned rover and a outpost for a contract)

Ike - Manned flyby, unmanned landing (Also dropped off a rover, did a two-for-one with Duna in the same mission)

Dres - Unmanned only? The probe is still on its way there, so there's still room for failure.

Laythe - Unmanned only (Sent a lander with some science stuff, as well as a small aircraft instead of a rover. Also has a cubesat in orbit.)

Vall - Unmanned only (Orbital cubesat only)

Tylo - Unmanned only (Orbital cubesat)

Bop - Unmanned only (Landed at the dead kraken, did some hopping around for science, went back to orbit)

Pol - Unmanned, but picked up a few stranded Kerbals (Manned landing and return to orbit)

Eeloo - Never been there yet, and don't have a mission on the way. I did accept a contract to explore it, though, so I'll be heading out soon.

I'm also thinking of doing a solar limbo mission, and try to put a satellite in as low of an orbit as possible.

Edited by Goomblah

I've been playing since .15 or .18. in .25 i set out to Jool and duna. Never arrived there, then updated (again and again and again).

Clocked a whopping 2100 hours on the thing. (overkill i know - i did fall asleep a few too many nights on it so... exaggeration)

Never get round to Duna on my career, so made a sandbox for my duna attempt 1.

Currently got 6/10 crafts orbiting kerbin all to be sent to Duna, my window is NOW. Just getting those last 4 bits up there.

Hoping they all arrive in one piece, and dont overheat on entering Duna, packed parachutes, and some heatshields incase?

Made a new launcher again! Massive part counts, absolutely stunning staging sequence. Not tested for duna, so looking forward... actually more worrying about the arrival to duna. The overheating thing might be an issue, and tbh i should have just sent a lone craft out to test but theres me sending the entire colonization kit in.

So yea, loads of time on the mun, and even more on minmus! Just rocket building, did a train at one point, built many lunar bases, and a few orbital science stations. Did plenty of kethane mining back in the day. Its been a blast (off).

Have not yet built a working plane in all those hours!

Guess i just cannot get a sense of the Center of lift thing. I have little patience for it either, i set out to build the next f22 fighter plane that can go to space. I end up making massive horrible things that either do backflips, turn right, or dont take off. So.. But yea, a few hours here and there just rocket launches mostly

Furthest I've ever gone is sending two probes to Jool and Laythe. I sent the Galileo probe to orbit around Jool and sent a probe that I made myself to orbit around Laythe. I've also sent New Horizons and Voyager 2 on escape trajectories from the solar system and those has passed around Eeloo or something but I'm not counting those:wink:

I have landed Kerbals on all the Bodies except for Kerbol and Jool (allthough I attempted it with little success ;) )

Jool-Landing attempt

http://i.imgur.com/CFLUHpr.jpg

CFLUHpr.jpg

Tylo http://i.imgur.com/zpVEH8T.jpg

zpVEH8T.jpg

Crew-Returns were made from every Planet and Moon except for Eve.

LaytheLander and Laythe Ascent

http://imgur.com/Zk9ZK84

Zk9ZK84.jpg

http://imgur.com/3QhadCD

3QhadCD.jpg

And I had one of the bigger structures around Jool.

http://i.imgur.com/WFYryez.jpg

WFYryez.jpg

I 've tracked down every Easter Egg that is currently in the game.

... And had some Fun with them ;)

KrakensBane

lK7LOXj.jpg

MagicBoulder Replica

WUuoPfj.jpg

All in all I can say, I have gone pretty far gameplay-wise but KSP still amazes me after ~2500hours.

• 2 weeks later...

Er... lets see.

• Sent manned return landers to all of the planets at least twice (including a four kerbal return vehicle to Eve, that's the one in my sig)... ditto for most of the moons.
  • Built a bunch of space stations including a 270 ton one in Mun orbit a couple of days ago.
  • Sent kerbals out to visit all of the anomalies
  • Set up a mining camp on Mun
  • Set up a small base on Mun
  • Grazed the surface of Kerbol (I think it was about 67,000km) at 90,000m/s
  • Captured some asteroids
  • Had Jeb whiz past the surface of Eeloo (3500m at closest approach) at 31,000m/s
  • Completed the Jool-5 challenge (and a whole bunch of other ones)
  • Made a couple of cinematic videos

... and there's still plenty of stuff to do :)

I have invested quite a bit of time into KSP over the years. I am more of a Career mode player and I usually wipe all of my saves and start fresh for every major update. I am fairly meticulous and land on every planetary body in the system ... I do a "Normal" game and then I do "Hard" mode, which is quite a challenge if your goal is to land on every planet and moon! So I guess my achievements is: I've done pretty much everything except return from Tylo, Moho or Eve.

I never really played career mode, but mostly science.

Went, landed and returned from everywhere but Eve, Laythe and Tylo. I have probes in orbit of every single body in the Kerbol system. I got a few orbital stations here and there, the one over Kerbin being built in 12 launches. Never managed to make a spaceplane though I had a fairly good shuttle. Brang an asteroid in Kerbin orbit, and landed another one near the KSC. I have managed several dozens of rendez-vous and docking, so I'm pretty good with them now. I have several bases on Mun and Minmus, including a fully functional refueling operation on Minmus.

Right now I'm mostly playing RSS where I have landed a probe on Venus and Mars and several on the Moon including a rover. I have a station in LEO and my manned lunar program is soon to be accomplished.

The farthest I have ever gotten was a probe around duna.. but I think the accomplishment I am most proud of is my recent careers realistic mun landing. It took alot of work putting up the satelites, finding my ideal landing spot after sending probes to map potential landing sites (having landed on the mun 100 times i know i can land anywhere) when the first kerbal stepped off the ladder it really felt like I achieved something.

I've successfully landed Kerbals on and returned them from every celestial body from Moho to Dres. And I've successfully landed unmanned landers on and returned them from every celestial body beyond Dres. The exception being, of course, Jool, but I have dropped probes through its atmosphere. My biggest accomplishment in all that was the manned landing and return from Eve. This was all done in v0.90 stock career mode, just before v1.0 was released. Since v1.0 came out, I've mainly just been running tests and experimenting; really haven't undertaken any big building or exploration projects.

Edited by OhioBob

(ksp 1.0.4)

I've sent com relay and survey probes everywhere in polar orbit.

Landed with 7 kerbals on Duna and Ike and return to Kerbin two times. (non isru)

Landed with 7 kerbals on Eve and Gilly and return to Kerbin two times. (isru but harder than duna)

Went to Eeloo, landed and back in 2years and 247days total travel time.

All was stock, now i'm preparing a modded (more freedom, more possibilities, more fun) grand tour / jool-5 with an upscaled version of the Eeloo ship, and will try to make good use of gravity assists for capture or speed boost.

Then i'll probably jump to RSS or another K.rescale for new challenges.

Edited by xebx

Manned (Kerbaled): Mun, Minmas, Duna, Ike, Gilly, Dres (0.90). Probes to Eve surface, ion probe to Joolian moons. Rescued from an orbit between Jool and Eeloo in 1.0.4, which was a fun challenge - orbit predictions are really jittery at that distance, and I spent a lot of delta-V chasing the poor guy.

100+ manned landings on Minmus and the Mun , got a career manned ISRU on the Mun and several stations (for contracts) around the Mun and LKO, each new one being docked so the LKO station is getting pretty big XD. Sad panda XD, I might send a slew of probes around kerbol and towards Duna tonight ! Wish me luck. Being playing since 0.25 so yeah, I'm bad at this XD. I'm scared to leave the Kerbin SOI for some reason even after 550 hours in XD.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.