Multipliers for space station contracts

Up to date all three space station contracts that I have both seen and paid attention to had requirement for at least 5 Kerbals capacity.

In the Contracts.cfg nothing considers any multipliers for the number of Kerbals, nor there is any declaration of minimum and maximum number of Kerbals. The questions are:

1. How many Kerbals can contract possibly require? Is there any conditions for them? Is there any rewards multipliers based on number of Kerbals?

2. Are reward multipliers from this thread still applied similarly to all rewards? If not, how this has changed in 1.0.4?

2. Are reward multipliers from this thread still applied similarly to all rewards? If not, how this has changed in 1.0.4?

nightingale or DMagic are probably the people to ask, but I haven't noticed any significant differences in reward multipliers while testing my contract packs from 0.90. They seem to be scaling pretty much as they did before.

Edited by severedsolo

Well, I made a quick run with debug menu through orbital stations contacts.

First of all, sometimes basic contact (5 Kerbals, docking port, antenna, power, 10 seconds) give exactly 32 000 for acceptance and 83 000 for completion. Sometimes not, usually slightly higher, but once I've got around 29 000/80 000 (*).

Science lab really have a multiplier of 1.15, and cupola brings 1.1, but I couldn't catch them working together nicely.

Most of Minmus station contracts gave me around 200 000/800 000 funds. Basic Mun station once bring nice 80 000 for acceptance with total multiplier being 2.5 (so answer for my second question is no, multipliers are different).

Outer (non-Kerbin) stations usually required to have more than five Kerbals, Kerbin stations are usually intended to support crew of five. I couldn't get nice numbers to try to calculate multiplier.

(*) - I looked into agencies, but none of their traits seemed to be able to lower the rewards, so I don't really know how that's possible.

Most of Minmus station contracts gave me around 200 000/800 000 funds. Basic Mun station once bring nice 80 000 for acceptance with total multiplier being 2.5 (so answer for my second question is no, multipliers are different).

Are you taking into account the significance multiplier too? Taking your basic figure of 32k acceptance and assuming this is a trivial (one star), Kerbin contract, I can get your figure if the Mun station is significant (2 star)

32,000 x 2.0 (for Mun) = 64,000

64,000 x 1.25 (for significant contract) = 80,000

I guess it depends how the game applies the multipliers - if you just add the multipliers together (2.25 in total) I agree, it comes out lower, but if they are additive, then it would seem to be right.

Edited by severedsolo
grammar

Are you taking into account the significance multiplier too? Taking your basic figure of 32k acceptance and assuming this is a trivial (one star), Kerbin contract, I can get your figure if the Mun station is significant (2 star)

32,000 x 2.0 (for Mun) = 64,000

64,000 x 1.25 (for significant contract) = 80,000

I guess it depends how the game applies the multipliers - if you just add the multipliers together (2.25 in total) I agree, it comes out lower, but if they are additive, then it would seem to be right.

It still doesn't add up for Minmus that have the same multiplier of two as Mun in that table:

even 32,000 x 2.0 x 1.5 = 96,000 and I can't really remember any Minmus station contract cheaper than 180,000. Maybe I've missed it though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.