Devnote Tuesday: Compiling, Staging and Rocket Science!

SQUAD

WAIT...WAIT...WAIT... KSP will be going updated to Unity 5.2? What does that means? Will we finally be able to use all of our RAM in our 64-bits?

No, it means they will be going to Unity 5.2. Unless I missed it I don't think they technically confirmed 64-bit versions return. There was a vague twit from Maxmaps that insinuated it, weeks ago. Someone can correct me if I did in fact miss the announcement.

Edited by Alshain

Maxmaps stated on KSP TV a couple weeks ago that they've gotten KSP up to 9GB of RAM usage in testing, so that means there is some sort of 64-bit build that they've gotten to work.

Right, but every time I hear about it, they still sound uncertain as to whether they will actually include it in the next version. They are waiting on the full Q&A before deciding.

Right, but every time I hear about it, they still sound uncertain as to whether they will actually include it in the next version. They are waiting on the full Q&A before deciding.

Ahh ok I see what you're saying, yeah I don't think anyone knows if it's actually getting put in, I think all we do know is that they just have it working in testing.

Kinda hard to tell then... I just hope it moves to 64-bits, I feel very limited with all my RAM and not filling all of it. </3

- - - Updated - - -

Forward to around 7:30

http://www.twitch.tv/ksptv/v/12115735

64 bit for all platforms

OMG!! I just watched that!! My heart exploded when he said "64bits confirmed"... YESSSS!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Nice! But now I can't bear to play 32 bit ever again...

I don't think it works that way... And cmon, just give your PC a little boost and welcome to the 64bits club :D

It will be great bc it will help me with my mods, with 64bits I feel it will give us new horizons with no limits <3 Im just so damn excited.

I don't think it works that way... And cmon, just give your PC a little boost and welcome to the 64bits club :D

I meant I no longer want to play the current release because the next will be so much better :). I have 32gb and a lot of mods to install... When they will all fit.

No, we don't know yet. We never know until a day or two in advance, at most.

However, there is a strong likelihood it will be early in the week of its release, just because that gives Squad a full working week to react to bug reports and throw together a patch. So feel free to get excited every Monday, stay excited on Tuesday, then go into depression for the next five days. :wink:

No, we don't know yet. We never know until a day or two in advance, at most.

However, there is a strong likelihood it will be early in the week of its release, just because that gives Squad a full working week to react to bug reports and throw together a patch. So feel free to get excited every Monday, stay excited on Tuesday, then go into depression for the next five days. :wink:

No need until they announce it's at least in QA, and not until they announce Experimentals do you need to do the daily excitefest.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.