Kerbal Space Program Fanart

Pariah

IRL KSP!

I give you my first (and probably only) real-life Kerbal-inspired Estes mod, HarvesteR I.

P8240324.jpg

This is based off of this rocket

P8240331.jpg

I chose the mini max because the nose-cone is made of balsa and could be carved to make the command module. Please note I have no proper carving tools or skills, just an exacto knife and some sandpaper. The fins had to be slightly modified and they're still too big, but I'd rather have a stable flight than an exact kerbal replica. The 'paint' job was done by printing texture maps onto adhesive shipping labels.

Finally, if anyone's curious, the rockets in the back are the comanche (orange one) and the patriot missile (with custom fins and retro paint job (both are Estes kits).

IRL KSP!

I give you my first (and probably only) real-life Kerbal-inspired Estes mod, HarvesteR I.

P8240324.jpg

P8240331.jpg

I chose the mini max because the nose-cone is made of balsa and could be carved to make the command module. Please note I have no proper carving tools or skills, just an exacto knife and some sandpaper. The fins had to be slightly modified and they're still too big, but I'd rather have a stable flight than an exact kerbal replica. The 'paint' job was done by printing texture maps onto adhesive shipping labels.

Finally, if anyone's curious, the rockets in the back are the comanche (orange one) and the patriot missile (with custom fins and retro paint job (both are Estes kits).

I'm so happy right now. :D :thumbup: applaud.gif

Cheers

IRL KSP!

P8240324.jpg

P8240331.jpg

Very cool! I built that same triple stage rocket too (in the back of the pic)... on that note be sure that the first 2 stages are the 'multi-stage' engines or else they won’t ignite the next stage... and then you have a meter long rocket with no cute... falling towards the ground like a returning bullet... with you and your friends running arround in panic mode trying to find cover

not that I’m speaking from experience or anything

Very cool! Watch out that it doesn't careen off the launch pad or esplode.

and dont worry! he's got a S.A.S. on there

...be sure that the first 2 stages are the 'multi-stage' engines or else they won’t ignite the next stage... and then you have a meter long rocket with no cute... falling towards the ground like a returning bullet...

Haha, that happened even though I used the proper engines. Actually, it went up about 800 feet, then tipped over about 90 degrees and flew horizontally away from us for the rest of the burn. the nose cone popped off, but I didn't wrap the streamers tight enough so they jammed and weren't ejected. From far away it looked like it was coming down like a missile. Amazingly the end of the tube was only slightly damaged, I found all the parts, and it'll see a second launch.

Quick question, how exactly do you find all the pieces back whenever you launch the Commanche?

In Krussia, rocket launches you!

Just for fun, the Cyrillic for Kerbal is ??????. KERBAL would be ??????. 'Kerbal Space Program' is ?????? ??????????? ????????? ('Kerbal Kosmicheskoj Programmy'), so 'KSP' would be '???'.

Just for fun, the Cyrillic for Kerbal is ??????. KERBAL would be ??????. 'Kerbal Space Program' is ?????? ??????????? ????????? ('Kerbal Kosmicheskoj Programmy'), so 'KSP' would be '???'.

Well OK, the board really didn't like those Cyrillic characters :)