Maintain TWR pilot skill

or maybe an altitude hold skill :D

That gave me an idea: fix the bug with planes, where the SAS won't hold your heading. I engage the sas at 30°, but my nose starts to drop intensively, due to my CoM.Col alignment. With the altitude control system the plane has, the SAS could bring up the nose to 30°again, but it won't.

That gave me an idea: fix the bug with planes, where the SAS won't hold your heading. I engage the sas at 30°, but my nose starts to drop intensively, due to my CoM.Col alignment. With the altitude control system the plane has, the SAS could bring up the nose to 30°again, but it won't.

That gave me another idea... Fix the whole of SAS where

- When SAS applies pitch, the player applies roll then the SAS decides reset the pitch and the nose drops

- Excessive Oscillations with large craft when using stability assist

- Excessive Jittering with small craft when using Stability assist or the new pilot hold modes

- Remove the or increase the control surface deflection speed limit. One second for full deflection is way too long.

I think this is one of many flight assist systems that should be available either with high level pilots or advanced probe cores.

maintain T:W

attitude control

altitude control (aircraft) (horizon based)

maintain heading (aircraft)

maintain speed (aircraft)

pretty much all the basic functions of mechjeb where you still have to make the decisions of when to execute manoeuvres.

I think this is one of many flight assist systems that should be available either with high level pilots or advanced probe cores.

maintain T:W

attitude control

altitude control (aircraft) (horizon based)

maintain heading (aircraft)

maintain speed (aircraft)

pretty much all the basic functions of mechjeb where you still have to make the decisions of when to execute manoeuvres.

I agree with all of those. Perhaps also hold a certain angle of attack (selectable with the trim controls) and numeric entry of setpoints in a similar fashion to the RemoteTech flight computer.

SAS on aircraft should control heading via roll, not yaw. Aircraft-specific features should only work on Mk1, Mk2 and Mk3 cockpits and maybe even only through the Fly-By-Wire Avionics Hub. That part has limited use now that pilots and the higher level drone cores can do the exact same thing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.