[1.0.4] Arkas 0.2.1 - A Thick Atmosphere on a Desert World - 17 Unique Biomes - Cloud Support Added!

CoriW

On 1/29/2016 at 10:07 AM, GregroxMun said:

You have to make sure that the PQS fade in/out distances and the ScaledSpace fade in/out distances completely overlap. Look at the Little Green Men from Mars config for an example.

This is how it looks (Directly copied from the config):

fadeStart = 110000
            fadeEnd = 140000

pqsFadeStart = 130000
			pqsFadeEnd = 170000

I've tried making that resemble Earth a bit more, and then I tried making it look closer to Mars, but neither fixed the issue.

3 hours ago, FungusForge said:

This is how it looks (Directly copied from the config):

fadeStart = 110000
            fadeEnd = 140000

pqsFadeStart = 130000
			pqsFadeEnd = 170000

I've tried making that resemble Earth a bit more, and then I tried making it look closer to Mars, but neither fixed the issue.

Try removing the fadeStart/End and pqsFadeStart/End both from thew config, so it just uses the values from the template world.

So storms are coming (Right?). what is being used to add them? because here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/114034-104-acp-v7-atmo-auroras-stratuscirrus-clouds-lightning-dust-storms-bioluminescence/#comment-2023209 added storms to Duna.

--NEVER-MIND--

-EDIT-

Better atmospheres?

Edited by Andem

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On March 7, 2016 at 3:35 PM, The White Guardian said:

It's been ages since the last time @CoriW has updated this mod, you may consider it dead. I'm willing to provide a spacedock download, but I cannot edit this thread, so it will have to be in a comment.

If you repost it I would gladly do my best to throw in unnoficial updates unless @CoriW wants to return to us...

Edited by Andem

8 minutes ago, Lord Coriolis said:

Think you'll have a chance to update it for 1.0.5, or will you just wait for 1.1?  I may or may not be starting Chapterhouse: Dune and super duper excited about this mod.

I've just finished my overhaul, if everything works this is what it will feature:

- Stable, working Arkas with a rewritten config that is specifically designed to work with 1.0.5

- Full .DDS conversion and full OnDemandLoading support

- Custom surface textures

- Custom terrain scatter

I'm currently loading up KSP to see if everything works as intended. If so, it's going straight to SpaceDock.

14 minutes ago, Andem said:

Allright. Glad to see an experianced Kopernicus creator take over (however temporarily)!

And I'm already working on it. (Temporarily indeed!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5-4-2016 at 0:17 PM, Sigma88 said:

Since this mod is supported by GN but the download link is no longer available, I was asked by different players to send them the old Arkas archive.

Given that the mod is released under the license:

zi0CCOwpXvwJLEj3O5hPCI485yAI_z0fbVI6PUDX6AaHZEkz2Fgpy89onurZxbV_FA0Yd_QUJ89Zod9Psc0Ux_yhns1c5lt1jfFHTbJsmarBIIkS3dfQr5yywHojfH5ZpZCjX8o

I took the liberty of fixing compatibility with 1.0.5 and provide a temporary download link

I will not give any kind of support for this, and I will remove the link as soon as @The White Guardian releases his version of the mod.

The only changes I made were those needed to make the planet load correctly in KSP 1.0.5 using Kopernicus 0.6.3

Arkas is back from the dead, go grab it on SpaceDock!

51 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

Cool!

As soon as I get home I'll check out if everything works properly with GN and take down the version of arkas I redistribute ;)

Not everything works as intended yet, I'm currently orbiting Arkas and fixing all I can see. Mostly a new terrain scatter type I tried out, and some artifacts with E.V.E that need fixing, nothing too serious. Should get most of it fixed this weekend.

It's already playable though, and I didn't want to make anyone wait even longer.

Edited by The White Guardian

29 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Not everything works as intended yet, I'm currently orbiting Arkas and fixing all I can see. Mostly a new terrain scatter type I tried out, and some artifacts with E.V.E that need fixing, nothing too serious. Should get most of it fixed this weekend.

It's already playable though, and I didn't want to make anyone wait even longer.

Yeah, I don't really care about aesthetics enhancements, as long as the system loads fine and doesn't mess up GN I'm good :D

15 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

Yeah, I don't really care about aesthetics enhancements, as long as the system loads fine and doesn't mess up GN I'm good :D

No worries, Arkas'll still be a fine member of the Galactic Neighborhood. Not much has changed, only visual improvements. I'll keep GN compatibility in mind though when designing mods for Arkas. (procedural Arkas for example for low-end computers)

Yay I love this planet. Once Kerbal Foundries is working with 1.1 I'll be able to 'screw drive' through the sand again. 

I'm in the process of making artifacts and discoverable anomalies for other planets as part of my Top Secret! mod. Currently, stock, OPM, and Arkas are on my list. PM me if you want anything specific.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.