KSP Not Loading

Hi all,

I'm running KSP with 34 mods, one of those being ModuleManager and another being Active Texture Management. I've had no issues previously but after updating BDArmory my game now refuses to load. It will get the Squad/Spaces/Internal/PodCockpit or something like that and sit there. I have left it for an hour before with no results.

Does any one have any idea's? All help is appreciated.

Thanks, JDarksword, CEO Bajeebus Aerospace Engineering

EDIT: To make this clear it hangs at the end of the loading bar.

EDIT: FIXED THANKS ALL

Edited by JDarksword

I've been having problems with stuck loads lately too. Typically if I just alt-f4 out and restart the load it will push through the second time. Now for some reason it's getting stuck trying to load Squad's "Size 3 Engine Cluster".

Seems others have been having trouble with 'stuck' loads lately too. Unloaded all mods and it loads fine; so I am going to see if I can figure out which mod may be causing problems.

-edit- Well it looks like it's something to do with the Stock Bug Fix modules folder. Could be anything in there really, but it makes sense since the load hangs tend to happen on Squad stock engines/parts.

-double edit- Replaced Stock Bug Fix folder with latest iteration (Sept 15th release) and all seems to be loading fine again.

Edited by Sarxis

It is possible that the update to BD armory increased its memory usage.

It does sound like an out-of-memory issue, however, I sometimes get a stuck loading even though my current build works most of the time. My normal routine is, delete any crash log folders from the main KSP folder, restart computer, close any resource-hungry processes (firefox, virus checker etc.) and that usually fixes it.

If you are using CKAN: CKAN sometimes does not uninstalll mods properly, and can leave files behind, a *.dll has been left behind before, causing me some grief. Its a good idea to go through your gamedata and see if there are any folders there from mods you thought you removed.

Another idea, although ModuleManager states that only the most recent version of the *.dll will be active, it can still cause problems if you have multiple copies/versions in gamedata. Search for the *.dll and delete all of them except a single copy of the latest version.

That may or may not help, but this might save you some time in the future - I have never had a load get stuck, and then re-continue after a delay. If it hangs for more than 20 seconds or so on a part, you may as well close it straight away, it aint coming back. Notable exception is when it reaches the end of the loading bar, then can be a pause there.

Edited by p1t1o

• 2 weeks later...
I've been having problems with stuck loads lately too. Typically if I just alt-f4 out and restart the load it will push through the second time. Now for some reason it's getting stuck trying to load Squad's "Size 3 Engine Cluster".

Seems others have been having trouble with 'stuck' loads lately too. Unloaded all mods and it loads fine; so I am going to see if I can figure out which mod may be causing problems.

-edit- Well it looks like it's something to do with the Stock Bug Fix modules folder. Could be anything in there really, but it makes sense since the load hangs tend to happen on Squad stock engines/parts.

-double edit- Replaced Stock Bug Fix folder with latest iteration (Sept 15th release) and all seems to be loading fine again.

The problem is back. Same thing with it hanging at the Squad part 'Size3EngineCluster'. This is the code at the end of the KSPlog:

[LOG 16:55:14.662] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'Squad/Parts/Engine/Size3EngineCluster/part/Size3EngineCluster'

[EXC 16:55:14.673] ArgumentException: An empty string is not considered a valid value.

System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, Boolean ignoreCase)

System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value)

ModuleEngines.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node)

PartModule.Load (.ConfigNode node)

Part.AddModule (.ConfigNode node)

PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node)

PartLoader+.MoveNext ()

[EXC 16:55:14.678] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p)

PartLoader.GetDatabaseConfig (.Part p, System.String nodeName)

DragCubeSystem.LoadDragCubes (.Part p)

Part+.MoveNext ()

Again - I took out the 'StockFixes' folder and it loaded fine.

Edited by Sarxis

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.