No parts in Sandbox mode.

Yeah umm I did something stupid and I believe I accidentally deleted a folder in the ksp game data that housed all the parts to build a ship actually you could say I tried to delete a mod that was named Game data that housed a lot of mods just to support one mod The planetary base inc. mod so when I deleted all the mods except planetarybaseinc mod that supported this mod I tried to start a game and it first gave me a bunch of list of part error message boxes and tried to build a ship and realized I had no parts to build a ship with at all. So I tried uninstalled and reinstall the game to see if it would fix it but it didn't, so I was wondering how I might be able to fix this problem?

If you deleted the entire GameData folder, then go to KSP_win (assuming you're on Windows), and "saves" folder; then backup your save folder (the one with the name of your game).

Do a clean install, ie: delete KSP_win, and download it again from the website or Steam, and paste your saved folder in the new "saves" folder inside KSP_win.

For this kind of problem, doing a clean install will always solve your issue. If not, then either you haven't done your clean install correctly, either your save is corrupted, or the bug comes from the stock game itself.

Just remember to never delete GameData (or the Squad folder inside), it contains a lot of important stuff for the game. When uninstalling a mod, make sure you delete only the mod folder inside GameData. (Or use CKAN and don't worry about it anymore)

Welcome to the forums also (almost forgot about that :P) !

Edited by Gaarst
Added stuff

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.