[Plugin/Parts] Kerbal Foundries - Continuation [Latest: 1.9g]

Gaalidas

Well, now we've got:

Gaalidas - our mascot ^^
Aqua (me) - plugin writer
V8jester - IVA, part config, PR guy
ArkaelDren - part config, testing
and lo-fi - the guy we blame all bugs on :P

IMO we need another two guys: a second plugin writer and a modeller (modeler?)
I don't want to code the stuff all by myself and we need a guy who can create new tracks and wheels and/or modify the current models.

I guess we'll do it like that:
1. Organize ourselves. (Github access, everybody who doesn't know KF will have a look and ask questions, etc.)
2. Wait for KSP 1.1.
3. Brainstorming. (What do we need to change? What to remove? What to add? etc.)
4. Idling and once in a while contributing some stuff. Joking ;) It would be nice if everybody could contribute at least 2 hours per week to KF. More is ok, less is... you know... with that much contribution you don't get anywhere.
Our goal: Getting 75+% of KF running again at about 2 months after KSP 1.1 release.

What are your thoughts?

So... yeah, I disappeared after my last post.  My hard drive crashed... hard... as in not even enumerating files, thus no recovery of data possible.  fortunately I sent some stuff to github before hand so KF is intact still.  Unfortunately I sent one of the two updates to the old lo-fi repo, and the other one to my fork (I'm unsure which is which).  I'll get that sorted eventually and probably focus on the old repos so it'll be relatively easy to pass this on if that's what happens.

Yeah, I burnt out bad.  However, I maintain interest in it and, once I recover from the hard drive failure, I'd like to get back to fiddling around with it.  It's just too difficult to make it happen between school and hardware failures.

I'm okay being the mascot for the most part... as it's about what I'm good for right now.  I both dread and look forward to the 1.1 update, so I'll definitely be waiting until that happens to do much else.  I'll work on getting the old repos updated and all my recent attempts at fixing the dust.  If that doesn't do the job, then I'm going to have to pass the bug to the next qualified programmer.

I have no idea if this had already been reported or not, but with the latest version of the plugin, the stock wheel configs (as downloaded from github) seem to be utterly broken in 1.0.5. The wheels have the KF modules and seem to steer fine, but upon load they sink into the ground and provide no traction when powered, almost as if they were placed in the wrong orientation (except that they aren't :rolleyes:). Here's a picture of the problem:

KadoCX4.png

There are a few other bugs too. For instance, this specific wheel (TR-2L) randomly starts out with a crazy high RPM on load. I already tried my own futile attempts to solve this problem, but to no avail :(. It'd be nice to see this fixed, since the stock wheel physics are, well, absolute garbage.

Edited by mythbusters844

Hi gang, I see the epic effort of keeping this monster alive and kicking has been taking it's toll, my suggestion, go do some other stuff and eventually, you may find you have a hankering for the little green fellas destruction once again.

Just getting back into things myself, soo much has changed while I've been gone, would love to assist in any way, although still rooting out dustyboxes of forgotten skills (damned skill fade, or is it old age? )

Hopefully the project can be repaired, it deserves to be

14 hours ago, mythbusters844 said:

I have no idea if this had already been reported or not, but with the latest version of the plugin, the stock wheel configs (as downloaded from github) seem to be utterly broken in 1.0.5. The wheels have the KF modules and seem to steer fine, but upon load they sink into the ground and provide no traction when powered, almost as if they were placed in the wrong orientation (except that they aren't :rolleyes:). Here's a picture of the problem:

KadoCX4.png

There are a few other bugs too. For instance, this specific wheel (TR-2L) randomly starts out with a crazy high RPM on load. I already tried my own futile attempts to solve this problem, but to no avail :(. It'd be nice to see this fixed, since the stock wheel physics are, well, absolute garbage.

This was on my list before I left, and I never got around to updating. Sorry! 

Stuff happens Gaald, and that is COMPLETELY understandable, I'm still recovering from a mega-burnout over a project that fell apart on me some time ago..  And anyway others seem to be flocking to your banner to help keep the project alive so hey there's that, right?

• 2 weeks later...
On January 21, 2016 at 10:32 PM, mythbusters844 said:

KadoCX4.png

This is similar to my problem

10 hours ago, Son_of_Flynn said:

Is there a download link somewhere besides KS? It has been down for me almost 24 hours. I have tried different browsers and different computers and still reject my connection. I would like to use this in my 1.0.5 save and is the only mod that has good rover wheels.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a6sjbm64cwjrdw2/Kerbal_Foundries_Wheels_and_Repulsors_ALPHA-1.9g.zip?dl=0

There you go, latest release and  for me at least, works faultlessly in 1.05

kerbal stuff is still MIA

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

Alright, sorry for the lack of commenting here.  Quite busy.  I'm having to learn JavaScript this quarter, and I absolutely hate it.  Sure it's very similar to C# in a lot of ways, but things that take 3 days to make work in JS could be done with ASP/C# in a few hours.  It's down right insane and, to make matters worse, I can't even make everything look the same on every browser that is commonly used due to different implementations on each web platform.  It's driving me nuts.

Good times otherwise.

I have the latest stuff uploaded to one or the other repo right now.  Easiest way to tell is to simply compare the latest commit data/time.  I'm running completely off the older Desktop PC right now and have not even set up Github for this computer yet to check things over.  My repos, I believe, should still show up under the branches derived from lo-fi's repos.  There's a lot of WIP stuff in the code, but I don't believe any of that interferes with the main mod processes at all.  It's possible all my WIP stuff is set to not be compiled in the project file anyway.

On 1/21/2016 at 9:32 PM, mythbusters844 said:

KadoCX4.png

The stock configs are so old that I don't even think they use the newest modules properly.  I'm afraid we might need to chase down lo-fi to update them properly.  He shouldn't need any of his old stuff installed to edit a few files with the new data required.  Testing them is another matter entirely of course.

12 hours ago, Gaalidas said:

The stock configs are so old that I don't even think they use the newest modules properly.  I'm afraid we might need to chase down lo-fi to update them properly.  He shouldn't need any of his old stuff installed to edit a few files with the new data required.  Testing them is another matter entirely of course.

I don't even have KSP installed these days! What did I last change? Some modules, maybe KFWheel, KFSuspension. Oh, and probably the torque curves. Something, anyway. Not really much help, am I :/