[1.2.x] Aviator Arsenal - World War 2 aircraft weaponry (v1.3)

tetryds

Kdyaz3l.png

Aviator Arsenal
A WW2 aircraft weapons and utilities collection.

Aviator Arsenal is a pack of weapons created by me and @VintageXP. It is based on BahamutoD's Armory modules and contains the most famous World War 2 aircraft weaponry.
It's completely independent from the original BDArmory mod, providing you with ammunition, command modules, mounts and everything you need to make use of all the weaponry available in it.
Every weapon on this pack was researched to be represented accurately, while still maintaining our own style and making them look appealing into the game.
The focus of the pack is being used on actual dogfighting, mainly the BAD-T tournament. Because of that a very complex balancing system was created.
This means that every weapon is rigorously balanced to be used out of the box, you do not need to worry about tweaking anything in order to have a fair gameplay.

Every weapon fulfills a role, and you can choose your preferential stats through different variations of the same weapon.
Every parameter, from rate of fire to tracer color is represented as accurately as possible. A lot of research was put on making sure the weapons are as similar to their real life counterparts as possible.

Have fun, and good fighting!

Weapons

MACHINE GUNS

CANNONS      
MG 7mm BOMBS
HE CANNONS ROCKETS
Edited by tetryds

Oooh, purty.

I request the 37mm American M4/M9/M10 cannon (whichever version you think is best) and the Russian Nudelman-Suranov NS-37 cannon so that I can have P-39 Airacobras, P-63 Kingcobras and Yak-9Ts with massive derp-cannons firing through the propeller. :D

I made an aricobra with these

http://orig15.deviantart.net/10dc/f/2015/263/3/1/aircobra_by_kloudmutt-d9ac78a.jpg

also i would suggest more unguided rockets in general

It looks awesome!

Unfortunately, those rocket pods are not ready yet, I don't recommend using them for anything other than looks.

I will remove them on the next update until they are ready.

I think yours and mine can coincide peacefully, as we both approach the whole WW2 thing from different directions. This pack is more focused on being KSP styled, whereas for mine i make the whole gun and encourage people to make planes worthy enough of having the guns.

What I really would like to have with this mod is the german MK.108 and MG131.

Unguided rockets and Rustahl X-4 guided missiles would be really cool as well.

Maybe even torpedoes or russian PTABs, however those would take time as water physics or creating multiple objects from one part are quite wonky. Jeb would be proud if you could work those things out.

If I might make a request, could we have three standardized weapon layouts?

- Wing leading edge mounted, the stubby radially attachable gun barrel one.

- Surface/Radially attachable pod mounted, for slinging under wings and attaching to fuselage.

- Radially attachable "gunport" versions, I.E. the F-86 Sabre's .50 cals.

As of right now, some weapons have multiple versions of themselves, and some do not. It would be nice to have many options regarding weapon attachment locations, for all weapons.

@ferram4: Boom boom boom.

@FungusForge: LOL, that would be awesome.

@Mrpijus123: Haha, we expected those guns to be wanted, but first we created one weapon for each role and some variations, so that you can build any type of aircraft using them.

Now we can focus on loadouts for specific airplanes so that people can use the pack to make accurate replicas.

So, yes, the Mk.108 and the MG 131 are definitely coming.

If I might make a request, could we have three standardized weapon layouts?

- Wing leading edge mounted, the stubby radially attachable gun barrel one.

- Surface/Radially attachable pod mounted, for slinging under wings and attaching to fuselage.

- Radially attachable "gunport" versions, I.E. the F-86 Sabre's .50 cals.

As of right now, some weapons have multiple versions of themselves, and some do not. It would be nice to have many options regarding weapon attachment locations, for all weapons.

Well, I cannot ensure that this is going to happen, the variety of weapons is going to grow, having three versions of each of them would just add a lot of cluster and make them less unique.

What I can ensure though, is that non "special" weapons like the Vickers S or the ShKAS will always get at least two versions.

I agree though that the names should be a bit more standardized, I will work on that.

But I will have to talk to VintageXP about having more models for all of them.

@everybody: thanks for the support!

I hope you are enjoying the pack as much as we enjoyed making it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.