[1.2.x] Aviator Arsenal - World War 2 aircraft weaponry (v1.3)

tetryds

@Veeltch: Whoops, that was weird.

Fixed.

And you should be not sticking things to these bombs, they disable FAR and use stock aero on themselves when deployed, having things hanging on it will not be good.

@Fatal_Gam3r: Look, everything on the pack was made to be useful, it's a lot of work put on each of these parts to create and balance them.

So, we cannot add everything just because it's cool, what is the point of being cool if it does not have a purpose?

That does not mean we will not add more than one part that fills the same role, but it does mean we will not add a part that does not fill any.

Yes, bombs are cool, that's why we made the ones currently availble on the pack.

We *may* get more bombs any time, a bigger bomb could be useful for instance for a greater area damage against ground vehicles, but again what can't you do with a bunch of 1000lbs?

Cool mod. Going to download.

Any chance we'll also get bombs measured in kg instead of pounds (= non-English/American bombs, but Russian and German bombs)?

Not sure if there's a use for that in-game, but maybe bombs with a "Dinort-Stab" (Similar to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daisy_cutter_%28fuse%29; There's also a mention of the Dinort-Stab in that article)? Not all that importand though.

Also, is it possible to have a bomb-mount that pushes the bomb away from the plane (as in the Junkers Ju 87, middle bomb was pushed away to avoid it hitting the propeller)?

What about the BK 7,5 modified 7.5cm AT-gun mounted on the Henschel Hs 129 B-3 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henschel_Hs_129#Hs_129_B-3)?

With rocket pods being in development, what about the R4M https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R4M and the BR 21 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werfer-Granate_21?

Edited by FourGreenFields

Am I the only one having trouble finding any of these parts in the VAB? The only one that shows up for me is the bomb mount. Coincidentally enough it's also the only part.cfg that has a category defined. The guns, ammo, bombs? They're all 'Category = none' and I can't find a single one.

The category is set to none so you can only find the weapons in the BDArmory tab. If it's not showing up, you probably have an old BDArmory version or you forgot to install it.

I can't update BDArmory without breaking another mod.

Older versions of BDArmory (older than 9.x) were not tested with our mod, you will have to use it at your own risk and abstain from reporting bugs.

Which mod gets broken if you update BDArmory?

@FGF: great suggestions!

Older versions of BDArmory (older than 9.x) were not tested with our mod, you will have to use it at your own risk and abstain from reporting bugs.

Which mod gets broken if you update BDArmory?

@FGF: great suggestions!

Old School Turrets I think. That's what it's named in /GameData anyway. Adds a few WW2 tank turrets and if I remember right it said in the mod description that a version of BDA newer than 0.9 breaks it.

why did you create a second 50 cal resource?

They're the same .50 bmg.

Mainly for balance reasons, the stock BDArmory ammo boxes don't really meet the requirements.

This is specially important for BAD-T.

Another important reason is that this pack is meant to be fully standalone, the objective is to not need anything from BDArmory other than the plugin modules.

At the same time, it would be bad to replace BDArmory's ammo resource to balance it because that would become a mess.

I tried to make them as straightforward to use as possible, and all calibers are shown on the weapons names.

Don't think that this was an easy choice, btw.

I am sure someone will make a module manager config to make them use stock ammo, but I will not do that myself, it breaks balance.

This also makes it a lot easier to port my mod to different ammo types when it happens, implementing my own without breaking the crafts of people who would be using the stock box.

If different ammo types don't happen on stock BDArmory on the future I will see what I can do about it.

Hey! Another mod with World War II weapons! I'm just going to put my request for the Mk 108 and Mk 103 right here... I really love making replicas and this stuff that you modders are making is amazing!

Yep, Mk 108 should be ready for the next update. I've made it a wing mounted version 'cause a nose gun would be tricky, but I'm sure you'll be able to fit it inside those KAX propellers with little to no effort.

Yep, Mk 108 should be ready for the next update. I've made it a wing mounted version 'cause a nose gun would be tricky, but I'm sure you'll be able to fit it inside those KAX propellers with little to no effort.

Yup, KAX is great with mounting guns through the propeller hub.

@Veeltch: you can, just not sure if for the next update, you would have to ask VintageXP.

@minepagan: There is a big problem with that, ksp shapes were not made to build bombers.

We are thinking about ways to solve this problem.

How about the BK 37 37mm aircraft cannon (maybe too close to the vickers S cannon, but still, why not?), BK 5 50mm aircraft cannon (maybe a "bit" too big) and the BK 7.5 75mm aircraft cannon (WHY! HOW BIG! REALLLY! IS THAT NECESSARY! THAT IS ABSOLUTELY SILLY! WHO WOULD USE SUCH A THING!) and for some british competition, the 57mm QF 6pdr Class M Mark I with Auto Loader Mk III aircraft cannon ​(my, that is a mouthful).

@HighExplosives12: Those are some stupidly big guns.

But it's never stupid enough that it can't get worse, we are adding the BK 7.5 on the next update.

Boom boom boom.

You could tell by my username, couldn't you? Still, Yes! Now, what should I get up to with that 75mm gun? Hmmm......

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.