[1.2.x] Aviator Arsenal - World War 2 aircraft weaponry (v1.3)

tetryds

The competitions back!!!!! 

Not really competition, just another part of the market. I'm back to KSP and working on expanding TAS once again now that a lot of RL stuff is out the way.

Got custom sounds/fire animations etc yet???

• 2 weeks later...

Those ten aircraft were 390 parts. Lag wasn't too bad; enough to be noticeable, but not enough to turn into a slideshow; maybe 20-25% slowdown? Main issue was setup time and keeping track of things; aircraft like to pair up and duel, once I ended up with planes spread out over 20km or so. Factor in the amount of debris in the air once things got underway, and switching between crafts became troublesome. As an experiment to see what a 5v5 fight would be like, it worked well enough, but I can't recommend it for doing a series of competitive dogfights.

Oh, yes that would lag a bit, BAD-T allows 80 parts per craft, on a total of max 320 parts.
My laptop can handle 250 parts at 30fps-ish, 320 makes the timer mostly yellow.

Anyway, while KerbalStuff is down here is a dropbox download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2b5j400nqao7se/AviatorArsenal-1.1.zip?dl=1

On 15.2.2016 at 2:42 AM, tetryds said:

Oh, yes that would lag a bit, BAD-T allows 80 parts per craft, on a total of max 320 parts.
My laptop can handle 250 parts at 30fps-ish, 320 makes the timer mostly yellow.

Anyway, while KerbalStuff is down here is a dropbox download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2b5j400nqao7se/AviatorArsenal-1.1.zip?dl=1

Well, thank you, thank you, and thank you. The stats stuff is absolutely fantastic (Already picked out my guns.), models look great, and I can avoid Curse.

@tetryds This is an awesome mod, why hasn't it showed up on CKAN yet? Also, where can I find the rules for the BAD-T competitions? I would like to try this out Edit: Just found that the BAD-T is over. Little bummed but I'll keep an eye out for the next tourney :3

Edited by Gnoyze

Aviator Arsenal will not be available on CKAN, mainly because it has dependencies on BDArmory.
About BAD-T, don't worry the next tournament will start soon(tm), there is a lot of balancing left to do and I think I managed to come up with a fair points system for the weapons.

1 minute ago, tetryds said:

Aviator Arsenal will not be available on CKAN, mainly because it has dependencies on BDArmory.
About BAD-T, don't worry the next tournament will start soon(tm), there is a lot of balancing left to do and I think I managed to come up with a fair points system for the weapons.

Makes sense and awesome (I already have BDA installed, I'll just add it in) I'll start working on planes, after having fun with the different guns XD

Ah, gotcha, and that's what I figured as different engines/mods et cetera will need approved or restricted

4 minutes ago, BahamutoD said:

tetryds, if you can think up a "competition mode" for AI where they fly off to certain positions before beginning the fight, i'll see if I can get it into BDA as a settings menu option

Maybe a sort of "capture the flag" where they will fight around a craft/base thing that has a certain part, fighting to have control over the base?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.