[1.2.x] Aviator Arsenal - World War 2 aircraft weaponry (v1.3)

tetryds

@MightyDarkStar Yes, I had that idea too after seeing the post on BDArmory's thread.

We will experiment with it, and if it works as nicely as we expect it too that could be implemented on the next update.

@123nick No, it is not compatible, and unfortunately I am not going to make it compatible.
That is because this mod is meant to be a full standalone pack, if you grab BDArmory's dll and throw it with this mod it's going to work and won't miss anything.
Adding dependencies is a bad idea, as I am not responsible for them.

4 minutes ago, tetryds said:

@MightyDarkStar Yes, I had that idea too after seeing the post on BDArmory's thread.

We will experiment with it, and if it works as nicely as we expect it too that could be implemented on the next update.

@123nick No, it is not compatible, and unfortunately I am not going to make it compatible.
That is because this mod is meant to be a full standalone pack, if you grab BDArmory's dll and throw it with this mod it's going to work and won't miss anything.
Adding dependencies is a bad idea, as I am not responsible for them.

aww, well ok. do u know anyone who might be able too make such a thing?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, I've been playing around with the mod for the first time now and already love it!
Made a Ju 52 and Spitfire and had a little turkey shoot. Had the guns totally misaligned but managed to clip the tail with a 20mm so the Junkers had to burrow itself into the hills. Lovely stuff, thanks for this!

D2BF73E5E0A2E6CEF529CB0D9226D884DFDA2DF8

C2D1B27A3924C996C14DDAF6B784B5440F351EAA

A17A5709580EEA844E8ABC7947760CDDDFF39C7F

18ABD00BA970A7AC28B6255030A9246F0DA4AE13

23 hours ago, Artfact said:

...Made a Ju 52 and Spitfire and had a little turkey shoot. Had the guns totally misaligned but managed to clip the tail with a 20mm so the Junkers had to burrow itself into the hills...

You can easily align guns by pressing F2 in the SPH/VAB, you can even angle them so that they will harmonize at a certain distance.

What mods did you use to make those aircraft? They look awesome.

2 hours ago, Wraith977 said:

You can easily align guns by pressing F2 in the SPH/VAB, you can even angle them so that they will harmonize at a certain distance.

What mods did you use to make those aircraft? They look awesome.

Thanks I was looking for a function like that!:D

And thanks!:) There's heap of mods involved.
These two mainly come down to studying cutaways and blueprints and mimicking the hulls with B9's procedural wings and Procedural Parts ; the roundels can be applied with the Flag Decals mod.
The Ju52 has a Kerbonov KN2 cockpit and Firespitter  modular engines.
Spitfire's powered by a Merlin 66 engine from SXT's pack and has Adjustable landing gear wheels; too bad they don't retract sideways.

1 hour ago, Razgriz_95_ said:

Ok guys, i have a problem!
my first create is a  bf109 k4 and i set 2 13mm, 1 30mm and 2 mg151
i set the ammo box but the all the gun doesnt fire
where is the problem?

Okay, so you need two things for it to work:

- The correct ammo for each gun

- Action group(s) to toggle/fire guns

Hope this helped :D

I'm loving this mod so far, it's really great!

I fitted a few of my aircraft with bombs and armament, and it's been really fun to fly.

fZZi97x.pngJElQIC1.pngdmJ2VLq.png

There have been some things I've observed, though:

I think the guns need similar effects to what's been seen in BDArmory's recent update, perhaps like this: Rrk2d.jpg

Also, are there certain conditions that need to be met when releasing bombs? For some reason I find that when I select the bomb in Weapon Manager and click on the aimers for the bomb, it wouldn't release until i hold it for some time, and it only releases via that method sometimes. I'm able to right click the bomb itself and tell it to "Fire Missile", but oftentimes using it through the weapon manager doesn't really "work".

Thanks in advance!

Will see about the light effects.

The delay is a BDArmory thing, you can tweak it on the options menu (the gear on the top right of the BDA GUI)

Releasing it with action groups also works, this delay is mostly for safety, for not deploying your bombs by accident, but I agree it's a bit too long.

You should try that siren with the Camera Tools mod and do a flyby, I may put up a video showing it :P

• 4 weeks later...

Which mod are you using that makes use of weapons on a career mode? I only knew about one but I don't remember if it updated.

Adding nodes and prices to them shouldn't be too hard, but it would take a lot of time that I would rather to devote developing and improving Mouse Aim Flight, which will deploy shortly.

If anyone wants to make such changes, simply send the required cfg modifications and I can apply all of them and update the mod :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few requests, firstly the 37 mm M4 cannon, AKA, the big gun the Airacobra, AKA the fridge launcher. 

Aside from that, turrets! A basic window with a gun in it would be useful as it could go anywhere. Bonus points for scaling the window and adding different guns. As would a remote turret like the B-29 or the He 177, along with a viewing dome, as it could go anywhere. Ideally versions in 4x7mm, 2x50cal and 1x 20mm. The ball turret it is good, but it looks out of place most places. For more specific turrets, tail and top turrets would be nice, as would the weird turret-bubbles on the Catalina.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.