[1.2.x] Aviator Arsenal - World War 2 aircraft weaponry (v1.3)

tetryds

3 minutes ago, YourCompanionCube said:

please read previous comments before asking your question, this particular question was answered a few comments ago. 

I am apparently blind. Thanks for pointing it out.

2 minutes ago, tetryds said:

@Gojira you sit down and wait for BDArmory to update, AviatorArsenal will update shortly after that.

I can't update aviator arsenal before BDArmory because it would still not work.

Yep, my apologies, just read what you posted earlier.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2016 at 11:57 AM, GabeD416 said:

What's a good plane mod to go with this? Something with WW2-esque prop engines. I already have KAX but that just adds one prop engine that isn't modern

SXT (Lack's Stock Extension) Adds a lot of Aircraft parts including 5-7 props, and a good few are older designs. (radial piston engines)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been experiencing a major bug with this:

Every time I mouse over certain parts in the part selection menu (seems to be most, but not all, of the parts in the mod), KSP starts leaking memory.  The leak stops if I leave the editor.

I'm running the 64 bit version of KSP with the following mods:

Aviator Arsenal

BDArmory

BDA Vessel Switcher

BDA Vessel Mover

Environmental Visual Enhancements

Firespitter (the part needed for KAX)

KAX

Kerbal Flight Data

KerbinSide

KerbalKonstructs (for KerbinSide)

MouseAimFlight

Has anyone else seen this problem? Is it known to be caused by some wacky mod interaction or something?

@DecidedlyNinja that is fine, it's probably because AviatorArsenal has higher resolution textures and finer models, which use more ram, this leak is known for happening on BDArmory alone.

There is nothing that can be done until it updates, unless you go to the github and make a pull request porting it, other than that we will have to wait.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have any sounds of weapons when firing. Could it be because I deleted all the BDA parts? Do the Aviator Arsenal guns had their own sounds or are they dependent on the BD parts somehow?

On 5/25/2016 at 2:20 PM, tetryds said:

Try the BAD-T modpack:

Just remember that BDArmory didn't update yet, neither did the badt pack, so update firespitter manually.

Whenever I try and download the propellers pack I get a 429 error from dropbox 

I think BDAmory might never update;.; (Please, Moderators don't give me a warning, I already know. Sorry for breaking rules :blush:)

3 hours ago, Veeltch said:

I don't have any sounds of weapons when firing. Could it be because I deleted all the BDA parts? Do the Aviator Arsenal guns had their own sounds or are they dependent on the BD parts somehow?

They use some BDA sounds yeah, if all sounds were at the same place they would be easy to keep.

@GabeD416 I hosted it on gdocs and put the link somewhere, should host on curse next time.

2 minutes ago, tetryds said:

Well, the mod is considered finished but you are free to suggest, we will check suggestions if we ever add more weapons but I believe that will not happen anytime soon.

Sorry to bother you, but I have another one, the British Vickers gun.

Edited by KSP Bros KS

I made a sound revamp on every weapon except the Berezin UB, I can either post a private download or share a public link here if it's OK @tetryds. Some sounds are a bit low, i.e. MK108 and MG151, couldn't fix it with Audacity. I hated the sound of Breda-Safat, so I found a way better one and then decided to change every weapon in the pack lol. The port version's ROF is too high, so the sound plays once and stops but the long barrel one is fine and sounds perfect.

Edited by alp3r

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.