[1.2.x] Aviator Arsenal - World War 2 aircraft weaponry (v1.3)

tetryds

@alp3r that is really great! You can post it here and I will add it to the pack.

I can also try to raise the volume using other software.

Just provide a license and make sure you are not breaking anyone's (if the license is closed please make it explicit that I'm allowed to redistribute it).

I'm making the last changes, couldn't fix Breda Safat port version's bug, sorry but I'll leave that to you. I have added the creators on Steam and am still waiting for their response. 

I don't realy understand 1 thing if the mod is representing as acurate as posible why does the German 151 20mm cannon has the least damage of the 20 mm guns? The German 20s were knnow for there extreme high explosive mineshells so i does not make sens to me why is the shorter less damage then the long one and why does it have less damage? becouse why should HE grenades do less damage with less speed becouse of the shorter barrel?

Also the 151 has A little bit faster rate of fire then the hispano i say the hispano is more acurate but it has API ammo NOT HEI (M)

Is there British BIAS or what?

Where is the MG 17 7.92?

German And Russian bombs????

German Rockets? The 73mm rockets on the F2 and 210 mm rockets on fw's and BF 109 G-K

Russian RS 83 and RS 132 rockets?

Edited by Skyer

The new soundpack sounds awesome, I will update the mod with it as soon as the BDArmory continuation proves to be as reliable as the original.

@Skyer Your concern makes a lot of sense, but that was made for a reason.

The MG 151 had indeed HE minishells, but in this pack all 20mm cannons fire AP shells, due to the lower muzzle velocity they become slightly weaker on the MG.

That is counterbalanced by the fact that it is a more reliable weapon, allowing you to fire for longer.

Due to the way explosions are implemented on KSP and BDArmory, and because of how it handles damage, it would be extremely complicated to reliably balance it against the other 20mm cannons with explosive shells.

Because it's a great weapon nonetheless, even with a slightly smaller damage it's still a good weapon choice for many cases.

Also bear in mind that the stats on the OP are made in a way to tell the difference between a specific group of weapons, it's not an absolute value.

I think that you should first test them in the game, then if you find anything that feels overpowered or out of place it's going to be a much bigger deal.

About your other doubts:

No there is no British bias whatsoever, I really don't see why you would think that.

7.7mm weapons don't require more models, as the three current available ones fill all the niches where they are useful.

There are only american bombs because all bombs would explode the same, and there is no need in having redundancies.

Ah, warthunder, yeah I also like it, but those suggested rockets are redundant, the allies ones were easier to find info on and look good enough, we can also use the same railing system for both without it seeming weird.

Basically, making models and such takes time, a lot of time, which we don't have anymore, and the set we chose proved itself very complete, because of that it's going to be much simpler to change some settings than create a whole new model.

On 9/20/2015 at 3:51 PM, tetryds said:

Kdyaz3l.png

Aviator Arsenal
A WW2 aircraft weapons and utilities collection.

Aviator Arsenal is a pack of weapons created by me and @VintageXP. It is based on BahamutoD's Armory modules and contains the most famous World War 2 aircraft weaponry.
It's completely independent from the original BDArmory mod, providing you with ammunition, command modules, mounts and everything you need to make use of all the weaponry available in it.
Every weapon on this pack was researched to be represented accurately, while still maintaining our own style and making them look appealing into the game.
The focus of the pack is being used on actual dogfighting, mainly the BAD-T tournament. Because of that a very complex balancing system was created.
This means that every weapon is rigorously balanced to be used out of the box, you do not need to worry about tweaking anything in order to have a fair gameplay.

Every weapon fulfills a role, and you can choose your preferential stats through different variations of the same weapon.
Every parameter, from rate of fire to tracer color is represented as accurately as possible. A lot of research was put on making sure the weapons are as similar to their real life counterparts as possible.

Have fun, and good fighting!

Weapons

MACHINE GUNS

CANNONS      
MG 7mm BOMBS
HE CANNONS ROCKETS

Ammo Boxes:

Caliber
7mm
12.7mm/ .50cal
13mm
20mm
23mm
30mm
40mm
75mm

Capacity

Utilities and Misc:

Ball Turret
Blister Pod
Drop Tank
Jericho Trumpet
Heavy Ordnance Mount
Rocket Rail
Structural Bomb Moun
t
Communications AntennaRing AntennaBall Antenna

BDArmory (required)

Download Aviator Arsenal on Curse

(more mirror options coming soon)

Changelog: *soon* (we are still figuring out how many new features there are)

Download from Dropbox
(che

(source)

How does one use the Jericho Trumpet in this mod? I click on it and I cannot get it to do anything even in flight.

@InfiniteAtom place it facing forward, right click it, set the speed at which you want it to make noise.

Takeoff and fly around, it should speed up and make a sound when spinning fast enough.

Bear in mind that the mod was not yet updated to 1.1.3, so there is a chance that the plugin is broken and it will not work, if you do what I mentioned and it still doesn't work please tell me.

I will update the mod with new sounds when the BDA port is reliable enough as I mentioned, and when I do that I will recompile the plugin so it should work again.

5 hours ago, tetryds said:

@InfiniteAtom place it facing forward, right click it, set the speed at which you want it to make noise.

Takeoff and fly around, it should speed up and make a sound when spinning fast enough.

Bear in mind that the mod was not yet updated to 1.1.3, so there is a chance that the plugin is broken and it will not work, if you do what I mentioned and it still doesn't work please tell me.

I will update the mod with new sounds when the BDA port is reliable enough as I mentioned, and when I do that I will recompile the plugin so it should work again.

I hit over 130 m/s upward speed (i set it to 130) and it did not work.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Deizelpunk said:

How do I use the Jericho Trumpet?

Set the speed you want it to make the sound and then you reach that speed to make the sound.

Right now it is broken because this mod didn't update to 1.1.3. yet. But I think @tetryds is planning to realase the new update at the KSP 1.2 (Which is in experimantel testing. Then the Public testing will be relased, and then the whole update)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.