[1.2.x] Aviator Arsenal - World War 2 aircraft weaponry (v1.3)

tetryds

Just now, Kerbal Nerd123 said:

I tried to model countless times and all of the results were horrible

i was just looking at a thing i wanted to model, and just tried
i startet with making bombs then made more complex stuff like guns
before i startet i watched like 4 hours worth of videos

@Skyer the original sounds belong to @Kickasskyle, and the ones on this mod were modified by @alp3r.

Because the original source does not specify a license, it means that they are All Rights Reserved.

We have permission to utilize and modify the sounds, but that does not grant us the rights to permit that someone else uses them.

But I am unsure if Kikasskyle's permission would apply to the sounds used on Aviator Arsenal.

Thus, it would be better if you used the original sounds on your mod, not our custom ones.

If anything, simply point to the BDArmory sounds for your weapons and you are good.

@tetryds

Ok i understand. 

Which of the stock bda sounds should i use for a 37mm gun? btw is it posible to change the pitch of the sounds in the config file?

atm i'm using the m30 chain gun sound which sounds a lil weak

Edited by Skyer

• 2 weeks later...

@Z1 M4N Yeah, that is a known issue, but it would require the model to be modified to be "trully fixed" and that is not something we plan on doing right now.

This is because KSP is very weird about which axis is "front" and which is "up", and bombs use a fake center of lift.

If you want, you can edit the part CFG "simpleCoD = 0,0,-3" and change that value to another axis like "simpleCoD = 0,3,0" or something like that, and see which works.

I didn't change it on my side because it may or not affect their explosion on impact, but I am unsure, if it works allright I can edit it on my end and update the mod.

The 100lbs bomb's model was already modified, so it should work fine without further adjusts.

Edit: btw there is a way to use MAF to better aim unguided rockets, if you experiment with it enough you will figure it out, worth it.

Edited by tetryds

@tetryds Ah, alright then I will try the .cfg changes and see what comes out of it. I might be using an older version of Aviator Arsenal since I think from memory the 100lbs still display the same behaviour (I don't use them too often, and they might be used in the .gfy above). Thanks for the response however.

• 3 weeks later...

You cannot see how much damage it does, you can only experiment and figure it out, as it varies a lot.

New ammo types are created by creating a new resource, putting it on some container and making the weapon consume it, BDA does not support ammo properties, all projectile properties are weapon settings. (You can make a tank fire using 7mm ammo, liquid fuel, ore, it doesn't matter)

But somewhere there must be a file where i can find how much dmg does the ammo do and change it / create a new one.

Or somehow make the AI use all weapon systems at the same time for ex.: you have 2 7mm and a 20mm gun (bf 109) and the AI can fire all 3 weapons at the same time and not just the 7mm or the 20mm (you can toggle all weapons with a key (group)).

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
    name = 75mm
    density = 6800e-6
    flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
    transfer = PUMP
    isTweakable = true
}

maybe the "density" is what tells you? idk why would it but this is the only thing what i can find

Density is the density of the resource, it only changes the weight of the stored ammo.

If you open the weapon configurations you can find buller weight and velocity (muzzle velocity), the damage is calculated through energy (mass*vel^2)/2, times a constant and reduced by the energy drained from drag and depending on some target part parameters.

It's kinda overcomplicated, that is why you better test it.

To make a weapon stronger increase bullet mass and velocity.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.