[1.2.x] Aviator Arsenal - World War 2 aircraft weaponry (v1.3)

tetryds

It is being maintained, but not actively developed.

The mod is pretty much finished at this point, there are only few specific things that would be neat to have added, but me and @VintageXP moved on to something elseTM.

So, yes it will be ported when KSP and BDArmory updates.

Edited by tetryds

1 hour ago, Deizelpunk said:

Look who's pesting now, but yeah i agree this is a great mod.

HEY THATS NOT FAIR HOW COULD YOU

*Ahem* *Pats on back* Friends? :) We have maple syrup!

Edited by Murican_Jeb
maple syrup

• 4 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, colfighter said:

This might be an obvious question... but... is this mod compatible with BDarmory? (I'm guessing yes)

Yes and no. It shares alot of the programming of BDA, but the parts aren't completely compatible. For example, the .50 cal ammo and guns are not swappable, but the AI on either will work fine with each other. Same with Weapons Manager.

Edited by GDJ

1 hour ago, colfighter said:

This might be an obvious question... but... is this mod compatible with BDarmory? (I'm guessing yes)

@GDJ's answer is correct, but let me make it a bit more clear.

This mod requires BDArmory, and yes you can (and should) use it and BDArmory at the same time.

It only requires the BDArmory .dll module to work, it does not affect the original functionalities in any way so it will not conflict with it.

But the parts are balanced differently from the original BDArmory, which may feel overpowered, and the ammo is not shareable between the mods.

You can easily find AviatorArsenal parts on the end of the list, all of them start with WW2 on their names, making them much easier to find (via filter or navigating).

If you are using AviatorArsenal parts I don't recommend using BDArmory weapons with it, as it will feel unbalanced, but you could do that normally without any problem.

14 hours ago, colfighter said:

I was wondering, how do I get a squadron of planes with the radar to follow my lead plane? I can only use the GUI to make one take off and fly but the others won't connect. How do I connect?

Consult the in game KSPedia for detailed information concerning the operation of BDA Continued ... Specifically, look at the Wing Commander entry 

Also, you will need to have the comms antenna on each of the craft in the squadron 

Edited by DoctorDavinci

Thank you for telling me. I had the comms on my plane already though.

20 hours ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Consult the in game KSPedia for detailed information concerning the operation of BDA Continued ... Specifically, look at the Wing Commander entry 

Also, you will need to have the comms antenna on each of the craft in the squadron 

1 hour ago, colfighter said:

Thank you for telling me. I had the comms on my plane already though.

Did you use the 'select all' option in the Wing Command GUI to add the other planes into the flight group?

7 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

Did you use the 'select all' option in the Wing Command GUI to add the other planes into the flight group?

Yes. I had both craft, of the same team flying on AI and they wouldn't work... I also reviewed the KSPedia and it didn't help.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
26 minutes ago, BlueDragon1504 said:

Just replying so I get an email when the update comes out :wink:

Nothing to see here.

It would be very helpful if someone posted here whenever BDArmory updates and tell me if this mod requires any porting at all, as it usually does not.

6 minutes ago, tetryds said:

It would be very helpful if someone posted here whenever BDArmory updates and tell me if this mod requires any porting at all, as it usually does not.

It seems to crash while trying to load the heavy ordnance mount.

Edited by BlueDragon1504

20 hours ago, tetryds said:

Also, yes bda has been updated and is working fine. I'm currently nerfing the weapons for ground combat.

For those waiting for 1.3 compatibility, just remove the plugin (it just adds code for the Jericho Trumpets) from Aviator Arsenal v1.3 for KSP 1.2.x and it will load without crashing, everything will work as intended except the Jericho Trumpet but it's not game or save breaking.

Edited by EthanKerbman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.